PDA

View Full Version : Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!! Victory is mine!!

jojo2324
01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
At last! The hellion eats something. }(

Tonight's dinner is a ground turkey casserole, with noodles (gasp!), tomato sauce (gasp, gasp!) AND green peppers (fainting at this point). And he's EATING it!! Noodles? Tomatoes?? A VEGETABLE??? And all at once?

Of course, he's standing up in his high chair. (Screamed when I put the bowl down in front of him, so I unlatched him to take him out, but then that's when he started eating.) I'll take what I can get. One hurdle at a time, right?

It's not too bad. I like everything but the turkey. But I think that's my tastes, not that the turkey tastes weird.

His pants are covered in tomato sauce, but it's a small price to pay for a full tummy. (what else is Zout for?) I just hope this helps him sleep tonight, and wake up a little later than 4 am. Okay, a lot later. :)

But Melissa, I'm sure if he'd spied some donuts on the counter, this would never have occurred.

deborah_r
01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Cool - glad he's eating!

And is that a Dr. Evil laugh in your title? Mwa-ha-ha-ha! LOL!

brubeck
01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm sure it is.

On meeeleeon noodles! Mwa-ha-ha! (imagine pinky finger on lower lip)

MelissaTC
01-13-2004, 08:35 PM
-->But Melissa, I'm sure if he'd spied some donuts on the counter, this would never have occurred.

LOL! I am glad he ate dinner! Matthew calmed down quite a bit after riding around in the KKFAP. After he was calm, I took him out and put in a Little People video. Gave me enough time to cut up his fish fillet and some colby/monterey jack cheese. He ate it ALL. I guess he was just hungry.

These little guys are too much, aren't they??

Again Joanne, I am so glad he ate for you! The true test is if he eats it again in the future...LOL. I know mine sometimes eat things for weeks and then goes on strike...And to think that we will have to padlock our fridges in 15 years...LOL!

daisymommy
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Joanne,
Are you really sure Gannon and Joshua weren't somehow twins, seperated at birth? ;) I feel like they are so much the same, and our feelings about their "challenging" behavior is the same as well. I am going to post a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie as soon as I can. It is the only thing I can get Joshua to eat, without fail (besides the customary toddler food like chicken nuggets). So maybe you would have two things to feed Gannon! :)

jmofarrill
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM
You crack me up, Joanne! LOL I'm so proud of Gannon! It sounds like life is quite the adventure with him...

starrynight
01-14-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm so glad for you Joanne!!

Daria went through a high chair strike at about 14 months, then a booster seat strike at 18 months. Now the little monkey stands on a kitchen chair to eat, it's not the best but at least she isn't throwing a fit and tossing food! I do not want to see what this child will be like as a teenager, she is such a drama queen now!

jubilee
01-14-2004, 01:20 AM
I just have to say it really does get better. My 12 year old was the pickiest eater until he was 3-4, only eating 3 different dinner items. But I told him every month he was going to like something new this month because that was how we could tell he was getting older... so he slowly started trying new things. Not all successes the first try, but he did start eating more and more. And now at 12, he eats any and everything! He even likes squid and other things I'd never touch. (Now *I* am the picky eater in the family!)

Melanie
01-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Yay Gannon!