PDA

View Full Version : Swimming with an ear infection

mharling
01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Ds was diagnosed with his first ear infection yesterday and we're supposed to start a swim class today. Originally, I wasn't going to go to the class at all. Now, I'm wondering about going and watching (especially since it's the first one and I'd like to meet the other people in the class). Ds is happy-as-can-be, so I'm not worried about taking him out in general.

Am I being overly paranoid about not wanting ds in the water? I have no clue about this!!!

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

Momof3Labs
01-15-2004, 04:59 PM
I can't answer your question about the ear infection and water (although my gut says don't take him in the water) but definitely go regardless! Colin was sick Monday for his first park district play class, so I went alone (it was DH's day off) and I was glad that I got to meet all of the moms and babies at the first class rather than playing "catch up."

bluej
01-15-2004, 05:09 PM
As long as the ear drum isn't torn or ruptured, he can still go swimming, even w/ an ear infection. As long as he is happy and up for it, I'd take him. If you want to be on the cautious side, don't have him put his head under the water (which he probably won't want to do anyway).