PDA

View Full Version : How many babies are there in your mommy/baby classes?

Karenn
01-16-2004, 08:37 PM
We started back at ours today after the holidays and there were A LOT of people there! Between parents and kids, I think there were close to 30 people! Some babies had 2 parents with them so there were probably only 12 or 13 kids, but still... Colin was pretty overwhelmed, and honestly, so was I. Last quarter the class was probably half as big. Did I get spoiled last quarter? Are classes like this usually this big?

Momof3Labs
01-16-2004, 09:18 PM
WOW - our park district class has six mommies and babies. I think that the limit was eight pairs. I guess that it all depends on the place!

egoldber
01-16-2004, 10:21 PM
It depends on the class. The swim classes I take through the county park&rec have a maximum of 7 babies. But I am now taking an acitvities class (combination music and gross motor stuuf), and the class maximum is 12. Honestly, if the room and space is sufficient, I think that's doable. But in a small room, that number of moms and kids can be overwhelming.

HTH,

cvharris
01-16-2004, 11:26 PM
We took a baby and me yoga class last fall that had about 10 mom and baby pairs. Today we started a swim class and there were about 10 moms and babies/tots pairs in this class, too. Any more would have been too much. I think most places limit class size to 10-12 kids and parents. Usually in our classes there is only one parent.

deborah_r
01-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I;d say there's been a few times when there were possibly 30 moms in my Mommy & Me (plus the babies). But I guess usually there is 15 - 20? They don't control the sign-ups at all, you just come and pay whenever you want to attend.