PDA

View Full Version : Alias fans, report!!!!

jojo2324
01-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Sorry West Coast folks, you might want to skip this if you haven't seen tonight's episode yet.

Okay, does anybody else's blood pressure SKYROCKET while watching this show? I am such an addict! Between this and 24, I'm surprised I'm still standing. (Though Alias has a much stronger hold on me.) I know SATC runs at the same time, but since that comes on about 14 more times a week, I watch Alias on Sundays.

So, can we discuss what a bi-atch Lauren is? I knew she was no good. (She says now, after all that's been revealed. :)) Is she Sarc's sister? The accents are more than coincidence. Is this all motivated because she knows Vaughn and Sydney are still in loooooooooooooooove?

I'm not so far gone that I'm frequenting websites and message boards to chat about it. (Who, moi?) But it does seem that there isn't a new episode next week. :( What am I going to do? The whole 5 week break over the holidays nearly did me in.

newbelly2002
01-19-2004, 06:27 AM
Guilty confession: we download both of these each week from the Internet to watch here in Deutchland. We call them our "fix." 24 has a stronger hold than Alias for DH, for me, it's a close call. And, yes, to the blood pressure. I find myself shaking (how sad!) at the particular exciting scenes. Oh, what has my life become?!

BTW, post holidays, when did the new episode(s) air? I was so excited to see them at home but always seemed to miss them.

Paula
Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

sweetbasil
01-19-2004, 07:19 AM
>So, can we discuss what a bi-atch Lauren is? I knew she was
>no good. (She says now, after all that's been revealed. :)) Is
>she Sarc's sister? The accents are more than coincidence.

Oooh- I hadn't thought of that, Joanne. So you think she's not a senator's daughter then? It's ironic how poor Vaughn is in the same position that Jack was in when he was younger- man, they'd better get everything figured out with Lauren and get her killed or something before she gets pregnant like Irina did way back when....

>I'm not so far gone that I'm frequenting websites and message
>boards to chat about it. (Who, moi?)

I've been known to look at ABC's Alias site, but haven't ever posted...everyone's speculation is so interesting to read.

>But it does seem that there isn't a new episode next week. :( What am I going to do? The whole 5 week break over the holidays nearly did me in.

I hear ya- what torture. And the high bp thing happens to us, too, when we watch this show. I can't believe more people don't watch Alias. Hardly anybody we know IRL has ever seen it. Admittedly it's tough to get in on the whole storyline, but if you stay up with it- ooooh. It's our fave! And we just love Marshall Finkman- what a crack-up! :)

luvmypeanut
01-19-2004, 08:40 AM
You can download episodes from the internet?!! How?? How?! How!!!! My Season 1 and 2 dvds are making the rounds with my friends here in Tokyo and they are all addicted too. I haven't been this excited about a show (how sad) since Buffy the Vampire Slayer (even sadder). At least with the episode guides I can keep up, but DH doesn't understand how I can spend hours surfing and claim there isn't enough time in the day to do anything.

And the Marshall moments are the best!

newbelly2002
01-19-2004, 09:24 AM
I'll have to get back to you on that. DH is the techo-geek of the fmaily, I just want the goods :) And, I must say, I'm not sure *exactly* how legal it is, rather akin to Napster and the like. As an artist, I won't do it for music. But television....well...ah, double standard (ducking and running now).

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

jojo2324
01-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Paula, there have been two new episodes since the holidays...

See, I missed all of last year because I had to work Sunday nights waitressing. I was so miffed!!! :) But I figured out most of what went on, I think. DH got me season one on DVD for Christmas, but I haven't watched them.

I've thought about Lauren some more, and I have to wonder if SHE is the one who took over Francie's body!!! I don't know quite how that would work, but I'm thinking...Of course, that would mean she isn't Sarc's sister, because they (Francie and Sarc), um, slept together. But they had two Francie's running around at one point, so they could very well have two Lauren's.

I'm ready for Syd to get back into her punk costumes, complete with fluorescent wigs. :) But, ugh!! The whole thing with her and Vaughn last night, and then he has to go and HUG and smooch his stinkin' wife when he gets back, and she put him there in the first place!!!! I wanted to throttle her through the screen. (It must be so much fun to play a bad guy.)

And when on earth is Marshall's baby coming? I love how most of the Felicity cast made its way to Alias. (Yes, I was addicted to that show too.)

houseof3boys
01-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Grrr was what I said when Vaughn ran over to Lauren when he and Sydney came back in after all of that. Grrrr. I hate her.

I do like that Sydney and Vaughn smooched and I just feel that Vaughn is too good of a guy to just stay married to Lauren or at least not something to her about what happened?

I never thought about her being Sarc's sister. Hmmmmmmm.

I was peeved there were not previews for next week since that usually means it's not on. I wish it were 2 hours long since it seems to fly by.

I will be watching SATC tonight!

flagger
01-19-2004, 09:50 AM
There will be no new Alias for three weeks. Nothing for next week and then February 1st is the SuperBowl. I seriously doubt they will burn an episode up against that ratings monster. I am so fired though because I managed to tape SATC on both VCR's last night and that was the one Ms. Flagger could watch later in the week. So we missed out on Alias last night completely.

Thank goodness for the TWOP message boards and their recaps.

bluej
01-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Okay, In an earlier thread I fessed up to trying to hide from the kids a little bit each weekend. Yep, it's during Alias that I hide. I even LOCK the bedroom door. So yes, my BP gets up there during the show, but it gets even higher if someone dares to knock on my door and try to get in!

Lauren as Sarc's sister? Very interesting! She is bad bad bad! I still haven't forgiven Vaughn for moving on w/ his life so fast. I loved when Sydney told him that she slept w/ Will!

cvharris
01-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I heard that there will be a repeat next week, then the Superbowl, then ABC is showing Pearl Harbor the next Sunday night, so no Alias for four weeks!

I am such a huge Alias fan and that is the only show I make a point to always watch.

I don't think that Lauren is Sark's sister, but that's because I heard a rumor about the next episode that confirms that fact. I just HOPE they don't drag out this 'Lauren is evil but Syd and Vaughn don't know about it' thing out too long. I want them back together again!

amp
01-19-2004, 11:24 AM
I can hardly breathe during the show and then when it's finally over, I let out a big breath. I feel like I'm holding it the whole time! I remember I kept reading (before the season started but had been taped) that we were going to "feel sorry for her" (Lauren) and that she was really likeable. Every episode DH and I have asked, "When are we supposed to like her?" We never did! The only good thing in all of this is that......Syd and Vaughn can be together!! That makes me happy! Now, how long till they figure it out?!

Oh and 24 also leaves me holding my breath everytime! We are huge Alias & 24 fans here!

sweetbasil
01-19-2004, 12:23 PM
>I love how most of the Felicity cast made its way to Alias. (Yes, I was addicted to that show too.)

Who all on Alias came from Felicity? I wasn't a Felicity watcher- that's just interesting to me to know these people had a working history before this awesome show! Isn't Felicity where Jennifer Garner met her now-ex, Scott Foley?

flagger
01-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Ok reading the Alias boards over at TWOP, I have learned that Lauren said "See You Next Tuesday" to Syd. Having watched SATC, I understand that reference. As Carrie said, "I must have missed that Schoolhouse Rock".

David Anders (Sark) saying he was from the Portland field office thereby giving a shoutout to his real homestate of Oregon. Someone said even though he used an American accent it still managed to sound forced.

Why is that his British accent sounds better even though he is an American than Melissa George's British accent even though she is from Perth, Australia?

Why is it that SpyDaddy has no sense of netiquette? Must he really IM Irina in ALL CAPS?

Watching the previews I totally missed that was Griffin Dunne as the ex-Covenant guy. Loved him in American Werewolf in London.

I also learned that the people in Philly got screwed royally when the local ABC affiliate broke in to inform their viewers that the Eagles lost. Doncha think those interested in the game would have been watching the game? Doncha think the ones interested in the game but Alias fans would have taped Alias and therefore had their taping screwed up by the dumb local ABC affiliate?

pritchettzoo
01-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Yes, Jennifer Garner met Scott Foley on Felicity. Weiss was the older roommate with all the crazy schemes to make money, and Felicity's roommate (the weird one) is pregnant with Marshall's baby.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

houseof3boys
01-19-2004, 04:20 PM
I was addicted to Felicity!!! I want to know when they are bringing Scott Speedman on Alias...Yowza.

pritchettzoo
01-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I am perfectly content with Michael Vartan. He's delicious. :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

phirey
01-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo! I ddin't know so many here were watching my favorte show!

ITA with the Lauren/Sarc connection. I think that's a very real plot possibility, but I don't read all the web sites for that stuff...

I have a slightly OT question. Twice now I've loved soundtrack songs they were playing in the background, usually later in the episode. Any idea whre I can find out what songs they were?

flagger
01-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Last night's episode ender is called Delicate by Damien Rice. You can hear the song again here:

http://scott.rocket-fish.org/delicate.mp3

There is a website called Television without Pity and they have forums at http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com

If you Click on Alias and then the first section. Then go to the second page there is a thread about the Music of Alias. You can find out the songs from that thread.

The forums are down right now otherwise I would paste the link to the thread.

McQ
01-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Coming to the party late I know, but had to chime in. This is one of my favorite hours of the week. Don't know about the Lauren/Sark brother/sister thing as there's supposedly a S&M scene coming up. Don't know if it's them or Jack & his sister in law. All my info comes from E! but I've been trying to steer clear as not to spoil the goods. And we don't watch the previews here otherwise we'd go nuts waiting for the next week. Crapper now that it's 3 weeks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nohomama
01-20-2004, 11:33 PM
>Why is it that SpyDaddy has no sense of netiquette? Must he
>really IM Irina in ALL CAPS?

I know! That bugged the crap out of me. If he's so fantastically smart and tech savy he must know what a faux pas that is. I absolutely love this show but there's so much about it that's completely implausible and requires a total suspension of disbelief. I'm more than willing to go along with the big things like, oh say, Rimbaldi, but little things like this drive me batty.

egoldber
01-20-2004, 11:56 PM
LOL! This irritates me too. I'm sure they do it so that folks in the audeince can more easily distinguish who is who, but it is just SO wrong!

flagger
01-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Now I know why no Alias tonight as well. The Golden Globes are on tonight so that is why there would be no Alias tonight. Then next week is the SuperBowl.

ethansmom
01-25-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm holding out hope for next week....I think it was two years ago they ran a great Alias right after the superbowl.

flagger
01-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Last year they did but that was because ABC had the superbowl. With it being on CBS I don't think so. I have not looked enough to be sure. But I know they won't run it opposite of it. Though I could be wrong.

egoldber
01-25-2004, 09:36 PM
I doubt it, since CBS is premiering the new All-Star Survivor immediately following the SUper Bowl!

flagger
01-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Yep/

And today I happened to find a spoiler filled report about the next season of All-Stars from someone who actually went to the campsites, but was thwarted from making it to the site of the tribal councils.

http://www.thechillone.com/