PDA

View Full Version : Best kid- friendly hotel in Las vegas?

cdlamis
01-19-2004, 04:52 PM
We are heading to LV in a month for DH's work. We have been there many times but never with Julia- 19 months old. What is the most kid-friendly hotel (not too$$$)? Right now, it is between Circus Circus, Treasure Island and Stratosphere- chosen for location of DH's convention and price. Any others?

Any ideas? Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

khakismom
01-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Excalibur is excellent for kids and totally geared towards family. It's also very reasonably priced! Have you been to Circus Circus? I have heard some nasty reviews of it, so I don't think I will ever stay there. Now Excalibur doesn't come close to the Bellagio, but it's clean and totally kid-friendly! And the price is usally right. HTH! :) Have fun--totally jealous, I LOVE Vegas!! :)

BTW, Julia looks rocking in her shades!! Love the pix, she's getting so big. :)

lukkykatt
01-19-2004, 05:28 PM
When are you going? We might be tagging along there too next month with DH when he goes for work...

Just trying to work out if we can swing it.

cdlamis
01-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks for tip about Circus Circus- I will check more reviews about it. We do like the Excalibur but it's on the other end from the convention center- where DH's convention is.
Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

cdlamis
01-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Andrea-
We are going on March 5th-6th. When are you going?

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

khakismom
01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Yes, Excalibur is at the far end of the strip and very far away from all the convention centers. If that's the case, Treasure Island might be perfect! Julia would love the pirate show, I'm sure!! Good luck deciding--so much fun! :)

cdlamis
01-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Maureen-
I forgot to thank you for the nice comment about Julia. Ellen is a cutie too- gotta love their cheeks!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

Tondi G
01-19-2004, 08:34 PM
well I used to love Treasure Island for kids... they had a wonderful midway games area and were family friendly.... THINGS HAVE CHANGED! The midway area is now a bar and they are trying to move away from family ... hence the name change TI! When we went last November with my 18 month old it was tough.... he was so drawn to those darn slot machines.... at least in the video game areas he could touch the machines and toddle around!!!!! Unfortunetly in a month it will more than likely still be cold in LV so the pool area won't do you much good

My recommendation would be either the Excalibur or the Luxor.... both have larger childrens/video game areas! Do not stay at Circus Circus.... YUCK! Of the three you mentioned I would say Treasure Island I guess..... it is centrally located... Circus Circus and the Stratosphere are way on the end of the strip... makes it hard to even get cabs.... not worth it! At least at TI you can walk across to the mirage and see the tigers and such and across the street the other way to the venetian and walk around in the canal shops area!!!!! Good Luck and have a great time!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

emilyf
01-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I was kidless when I went to Vegas a few years ago but I really liked Caesars for its location, and it was fairly reasonable. There seemed to be plenty of families around.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

mom2kandj
01-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I'd try the Flamingo Hilton! It's right across the street from TI and less $$$, too! We are very picky and would not stay at CC or Stratosphere because they are on the way to downtown/worse parts of the city. Another choice might be the Aladdin. I know that it is not a strip hotel, but have you considered a Residence Inn? They have kitchens which make travel with kids a whole lot easier! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02