PDA

View Full Version : OT-Anyone living in Charlotte, NC?

miki
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
In a few weeks, hubby is going to interview for a job in Charlotte and he'll spend a day looking at houses in the area and whatever else one should look at before deciding to relocate. The office is near West Trade and South Church Streets. We don't know anything about the neighborhoods, traffic patterns, etc. I'm looking for any suggestions about areas he should go visit if we are looking to live w/i a 15-30 min. commute to his office and really good public schools. It'd be nice if the neighborhood had a little downtown/Main Street area within walking distance. As opposed to supermarkets and such that you have to drive to even if they are not so far. That's something that the towns around where we live have but I don't know if they exist in NC. Thanks.

flagger
01-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I am in South Charlotte, but I am not familiar with that area. I can do some research for you. I am not familiar with any neighborhood that has a the shopping area within walking distance, but I am pretty well cocooned here in my area.

Rachels I believe lived here as well and her dad still does.

There is a great mommies group here that has weekly get togethers and a monthly MNO. Plus several events throughout the week.

I will look at a map for the area and let you know more. You can email me at flagger /at/ stayathomeparents.us if you want.

Rachels
01-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Yep, I grew up there, and both my parents are still there. I grew up in Dilworth-- beautiful historic neighborhood, great schools. My mom now lives in Cotswold, which is also lovely, and my dad lives just outside the city. I'd be happy to help you out however I can. Feel free to email me. I know my parents would be happy to be contacts for you when you come down to look.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

amyinNC
01-20-2004, 09:43 AM
We live in Charlotte right now. Been here for 2 years and love it. There are cute neighborhoods near uptown, which is what downtown is called in Charlotte : ) - Dilworth, Myers Park, Elizabeth and a few others - that have cute shops and restaurants nearby. We live within walking distance to a wonderful park and plenty of good restaurants (we're 7 mins from uptown). That said, Charlotte isn't really a "walking city", so this isn't that commmon. I'd be happy to tell you more about it if you want to email me...

HTH,
Amy

Calmegja2
01-20-2004, 09:52 AM
We used to live in Charlotte, gorgeous city, fabulous weather, and easy access to most places.

I'm not familiar with a walking area, but there's so much to do within easy driving distances...