PDA

View Full Version : Our first real weekend away :) Need a good book recommendation!

brigmaman
01-21-2004, 12:37 PM
I doubt anyone will know this area, but we are going to Big Bear (in Pennsylvania) to ski this weekend with some friends. Only, I don't ski and I don't know the area. This is our second time leaving ds (the first was just one night) and so I may just bring a book and relax.
Any good book recommendations?

mattysmom
01-21-2004, 12:47 PM
The Da Vinci Code! I started last night and can't put it down! My dh read it before me - in 2 days (he stayed up until 2 am to finish it)!

emilyf
01-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I just finished it last night-so good!
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

lukkykatt
01-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I loved it too - I read it every free moment I had! Neglecting everything else in the house...

Also, for light reading, I have just finished all of Jane Green's books - good fun chick lit!

PS: Have fun on your weekend!

parkersmama
01-21-2004, 03:48 PM
I vote for The DaVinci Code too!! Wow...it was a great read! I'm like Andrea, I ignored everything else while I read that book non-stop over the holidays. :) Definitely a page-turner!

lizajane
01-21-2004, 08:17 PM
i love tracy chevalier. she has a new book- The Lady and the Unicorn. I am loving it! (but have only read 1/3)

another good one that comes to mind that i think is well written and engaging is anita shreve's Fortune's Rocks.

aguinn
01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
if you like thrillers, try "lost boy, lost girl" by peter straub - it's spooky and will make your heart race, but a quick read.

;)amy
proud momma to aidan 7/29/03

teddy
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Have you read any in the "Chick Lite" genre (my friend's term). They would be such tomes as "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan," "Shopaholic Gets Married," "Nanny Diaries," "How To Be Good," "Babyville," "Bookends," "Devil Wears Prada," and other stories about young (usually single and English) women with problems with boys, their job, or their friends. Very easy, light, and fun reads!

JLiebCamm
01-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Another vote for Davinci code. It was the most exciting book I've read in years. I also really enjoyed the Nanny Diaries. And if you never read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, it's great (MUCH better than the movie).