PDA

View Full Version : signing timers: how often do you play the videos?

etwahl
01-22-2004, 06:04 PM
should we watch every day? every second day? once a week?

also, should we hold off on videos 2 and 3 for a while until 1 sinks in or just keep alternating?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
01-22-2004, 06:30 PM
We did every day for a while and then less frequently once Colin showed signs of getting bored with them. You can alternate or stick with one video for a while - whatever holds Lauren's interest, and whatever YOU want to listen to over and over again.

Really, do whatever you want - there is no right answer here!!

redhookmom
01-22-2004, 07:31 PM
My DD doesn't actually sit and watch the video. So we have it on in the background maybe 3x a week. There are certain parts that she always stops what she is doing to watch, especially the songs. She has surprised me with a sign here and there that I have not used with her.

parkersmama
01-22-2004, 10:54 PM
We've been alternating since I have 2 older kids and we're all learning the signs. The first sign she's really started doing is the one for "drink" and that's on #3, I think, so it's not really that they get harder with each video or anything. Amy Grace seems equally fascinated with all of them. The boys love, love, love the "I'm a Girl/I'm a Boy" song from #2! They stop whatever they're doing to come watch it when it's on. :) We sometimes watch 2 in a day and then might not watch one again for a few days. It just depends on how interested she seems and how much time we have.

egoldber
01-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Sarah was singing the "I'm a Girl/I'm a Boy" song tonight at dinner. It was SOOOOO cute!

But to answer the question, LOL, we watch all of them, just rotating through them. We now go through periods where we don't watch them for a few weeks, and the "rediscover" them again. I honestly think that Sarah like them MORE now than she did when she was little.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-22-2004, 11:40 PM
We only do the first one, and we watch it once a day. The others seem to be geared towards toddlers moreso than the first one, and she gets bored with them. But she'll watch the first one all the way through.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

cchavez
01-23-2004, 09:53 AM
A few times a week. But I usually have them on while we are playing w/ something else.He will sit and watch some of it but he is not enthralled like he is w/ baby einstein.

AJsMom
01-28-2004, 01:40 AM
My 18 month old DS LOVES Signing Time! We alternate between the 3 DVD's. I used to put one on for him while he ate breakfast most days, then cut back to a few times a week. Now he asks for it ALL the time (I don't always give in, and now try to put it on once in a while and NOT during a meal). He makes the sign for "time" (his abbreviation for Signing Time) several times a day. I also have the Signing Time CD in the car and when he sees the radio on, he starts signing "time" until I put the CD on, and may sometimes even cry if I don't put on his CD! If he is ever crying or mad for ANY reason, Signing Time is my no-fail mood lifter.

I think I have to try to wean him off of it!

Kristen