PDA

View Full Version : Leaving negative feedback on eBay. A couple of questions

flagger
01-25-2004, 09:44 PM
How long would you wait without any contact from the seller and after a week of ordering the item before you would leave negative feedback.

Yes the order was on a Saturday and the earliest the seller could have mailed it would have been on Tuesday because of the MLK holiday, but I have receieved no response from the seller to three separate emails. Once through eBay when I asked a question and two to check on the status with an explanation that we are moving in less than 2.5 weeks and I don't want it sent to a place where we no longer live.

I know it is pretty much buyer beware but because I used paypal isn't there some sort of dispute resolution to my issue?

LD92599
01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Flagger:

I just had the same question over the holidays and am glad I held off on leaving neg. feedback.

Yes, the seller should have contacted me when she shipped the items..but when I checked the postmark it WAS postmarked the day I paid (paypal) and took..get this..2 weeks to get to NJ from CA. I just sent her something and she got it in 2 days...both times USPS. Go figure.

So, my inclination would be to hold off a few more days (though I understand you're moving) or trying email the seller again.

FWIW, I *never* heard from my seller x( x(

Laura
mom to William

C99
01-25-2004, 11:10 PM
You can use PayPal resolution ONLY if you file within 30 days of the close of auction. I didn't do this, and I waited 3 months to get an item from a seller. I only got the item because I finally left negative feedback for the seller (and then, when I got it, it wasn't in the condition stated).

sweetbasil
01-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Flagger,
I'd go through the eBay Help/Safe Trading/If Something Goes Wrong/Buyer Protection on eBay, and follow their initial steps.

Then if the seller's contact info isn't current, go to
Help/Safe Trading/If Something Goes Wrong/Customer Support/Identity/Contact Information/Report Listings Violations

and let eBay know that the seller's info isn't current. This has always worked for me and I've usually gotten an e-mail from the seller (or the buyer, in one case) within a day or so.

But I'd definitely make these efforts before leaving someone with negative feedback...I'm especially cautious about leaving negative feedback b/c I don't want to get it in return ;)

HTH,

new_mommy25
01-26-2004, 02:20 AM
I had that happen to me and it took almost a month to recieve the item even though I has posted payment through paypal immediatly. In my case it was a shirt I had ordered for DH and I was pretty annoyed because it arrived after his birthday. I contacted the seller several times with no response. Just as I was getting ready to dispute, the package arrived in the mail. i did end up leaving negative feedback. Only time I ever have.

parkersmama
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I had this happen last summer. The item I was purchasing was rather expensive (over $200) and I never heard from the seller *at all*. After a couple of weeks waiting, I began to see very negative feedback from other buyers. Apparently this guy was running a big scam and making off with a *large* amount of $$! In the end, I filed the info in every possible way (eBay, Paypal, online arbitrator, my credit card) and ended up getting my money refunded by Paypal. After this experience, I will not bid on an item if the seller doesn't answer a question email first. Also, I wouldn't wait more than 2 weeks without some communication from the seller before filing complaints. The complaints take quite a while to resolve. Even if the item hasn't shipped, there's just no excuse for a seller not responding to emails within a 2 week timeframe! Hope you are able to get it resolved!

llcoddington
01-27-2004, 11:45 AM
I would give the person a few weeks before posting negative feedback. You never know what might have happened. Once, I sold an item and contacted the buyer several times to no avail. Finally, I emailed and said I was going to leave negative feedback if I didn't hear from her. She immediately emailed back with all kinds of apologies. The transaction was completed and everything worked out.

Lana
mom to Lauren 12/5/03

heidi_timms
01-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Does anyone find that when you leave negative feedback to a Seller that they do the same? I have been dealing with a seller for 3 months now. The item was not as described and it has taken forever to exchange it. I'm still waiting for my new item and it has been a month! I did hold up my end of the bargain by paying within minutes of winning the auction and emailed right away when the first item was not satisfactory!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03