PDA

View Full Version : A Texas BBB meeting IRL!

sweetbasil
01-26-2004, 12:08 AM
So Joey (peanut4us), Sarah, and Joey's DH came over on Friday night and had dinner with us (they were in town for the weekend)- what a fun family they are! You know how impossible it is to get a pic with more than one kid looking at the camera at the same time, so I'll post two pics here.

Anyway, it was my second BBB IRL meeting as well as Joey's, and it was so great to spend some time with them. Joey's a really fun gal, her DH is extra nice, and Sara is precious- she's even cuter IRL than her avatars- if that's possible. You should see her walk- she's a little doll!

I'm hoping we'll get to meet in their part of Texas next time :) Thanks again for making us part of your weekend, Joey!

Edited to add: Joey is the mommy in red, matching sweet little Sara; I'm in the white sweater, Kellen's the little guy in red (looking a little deer-in-the-headlights-ish), and Charlie's ready for bed, wearing his jammies ;)

twins r fun
01-26-2004, 12:33 AM
How fun!! And you all look gorgeous-beautiful mommies and adorable kids! I'm glad you guys were able to get together.

mharling
01-26-2004, 12:34 AM
How fun!! I'm impressed that you got all 3 kids to sit still for the picture. Thanks for sharing!!

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

sbaker
01-26-2004, 01:22 AM
Ooooh! What part of Texas are y'all in? Anywhere near the DFW area?

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

Dcclerk
01-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Such a great pic! All of you are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing-- I love putting faces to names!

deborah_r
01-26-2004, 02:49 AM
So fun to see all of you! You all look great!!

sweetbasil
01-26-2004, 04:48 AM
Sara,
We're from the Austin area (Joey) and Houston (me) :)... I lived in DFW once and really enjoyed Ft. Worth, but we were destined to move back to Houston for DH's work, I guess!

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-26-2004, 08:11 AM
It looks like tons of fun, pretty mommy's and adorable babies!!!
Thanks for sharing Julie and Joey!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
01-26-2004, 09:13 AM
What a great looking group! I bet you guys had a great time!

Rachels
01-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Beautiful! So much fun to see you guys.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

peanut4us
01-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Julie--those picture turned out so cute! Thanks for posting them.

We had such a great time with Julie and her family. It was so thoughtful of her to invite us over for dinner. Talk about a great cook! Yum. Seriously, I want that chocolate trifle recipe!

Julie was just as sweet as she could be and her DH was so nice. I just couldn't get over Kellen. He is such a big boy. What a great vocabulary. So charming! And Charlie was just too cute. Sara couldn't keep her hands off of him LOL!

Meeting them was the highlight of the weekend. Seriously, the rest of the trip did not work out as planned (Julie--the temple was closed for deep-cleaning! that only happens like 2 weekends a year, what are the odds??).

And we very much would love to return their generosity and have them over for dinner if ever they are in our neck of the Texas woods!

brigmaman
01-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Julie and Joey, all of your children are beautiful. I am impressed they all sat for a picture together! It sounds like you had a nice visit!

gour0
01-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Ben and I will be in the midcities tomorrow thru Sunday visiting my in-laws and old co-workers. Are you near there?

amp
01-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Both mommies and babies are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the pics!

nathansmom
01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Very cute pictures. Nathan is very jealous that Sara is looking at another boy.
Julie your very pretty as always and so are you Joey. The kids all look very cute. I'm missing Sara maybe I need to go to Texas to see all of you.

mommyj_2
01-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks for posting pics! It's so fun to see pictures of BBB get togethers.