PDA

View Full Version : AAHH! Ebay problem- please help.

cdlamis
01-26-2004, 01:58 PM
I am selling an item on ebay and got an e-mail from a bidder (he already bid before asking the question). Well, the answer wasn't what he is looking for and he wants me to cancel his bid which is the highest bid.

Can he do that? The auction ends in 20 hrs.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

LD92599
01-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Daniella:

I *just* went through this last week...the bidder asked a question (didn't like the answer re: shipping costs to Germany!) but placed a bid before I even had a chance to reply back. He *says* he tried to retract the bid but that ebay wouldn't allow it.

Long story short...no one else bid and he "won" the auction. If this guy wins your auction, technically is HIS legally bound to pay you...but you and I know he's not, so you need to wait 7 days and file a non-payment form w/ ebay so you can get your fees credited back to your account.

Search ebay for Non-Paying Bidder Alert Form (I was going to link to it but it's coming up w/ my user ID in it!).

I filed this a few days ago but haven't heard back from either the "buyer" or ebay yet.

Your bidder needs to file a retraction on his end ASAP...it might "take" and it might not, but that's what he should try first.

Good luck!

Laura
mom to William

stillplayswithbarbies
01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
he wants you to cancel the bid for him so it won't count against him in his feedback. His reason for wanting to cancel is not one of the "legal" reasons allowed by eBay.

If I were you I would be nice and cancel it for him. He probably won't pay anyway and why bother with a buyer who isn't happy. It's good customer service to cancel it for him, even though he didn't follow the rules or proper procedure.

actually, I probably would tell him he can cancel it himself, just so it does show up on his feedback.

note that he may not be able to cancel it this close to the auction end, I am not sure what eBay allows.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommyj_2
01-26-2004, 03:32 PM
This happened to me one time, and I just went ahead and canceled the bid for the guy. I figured he wouldn't pay anyway, so I might as well cancel it.

cdlamis
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I e-mailed him and said he could retract his bid but I won't cancel his since it does reflect on my seller status.

We'll see.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures