PDA

View Full Version : Snow...cooped up but well worth it!

hellokitty1
01-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm in NC in the middle of the snow and we've been cooped up inside the house since Saturday night and today daycare and work was closed. I am feeling a lot of cabin fever but can't even go outside because there's no street or sidewalk to walk on...Lo and behold, DH and I are playing on the couch with Sydney and I get a glance of her gums and notice a lighter shade of pink or almost white. And I stick my finger in there and it's a tooth coming in! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess. The weirdest feeling came over me, some what indescribable, but maybe something like, "Oh my goodness, my baby is growing up! I'm not ready."

Anyone feel sort of a weird feeling when you noticed the first tooth? And I am so proud of my DD for her toleranace level. This munchkin hhas suffered through a double ear infection with no fussy signs, falls all over the place and takes it like a man (super girl) and there has been absolutely no fussing with this tooth. From the posts I've read about teething pains, I was so nervous about it but not a peep out of her. Is this a good thing or does the teething pain start later?

Anyway, just wanted to share this milestone. Without this snow storm, I might not have noticed the tooth til later. Mother nature works in mysterious ways.

bluej
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Caden didn't have much pain w/ teething. Some were worse than others, but for the most part teeth would come in and we wouldn't even know it. Not the case Alex or w/ Ryden so far. Consider yourself lucky!

As for how I felt when Ryden got his first (and so far only) tooth. Sad. Excited for him yes, but sad b/c he no longer had that toothless grin of a baby and this was the first sign of many that he would be a turning into a toddler before I was ready. They just grow up so fast and I want him to stay a baby a little bit longer. So I can totally relate to how you are feeling.

MelissaTC
01-26-2004, 09:30 PM
I hear you! Talk about cabin fever!

DS threw up in his crib Friday night. I didn't hear him because I took pain pills for my back and was out in lala land. DH didn't hear him of course, because the chemical that his brain produces to block my voice also blocks any sounds from the baby monitor. I woke up to DS whimpering "Mommy" in the monitor. Talk about feeling like the worst mother in the world! I cried for one hour after seeing him in there. He has had the runs all weekend and gave his bug to my DH.

I want out of my house!!!!!!! MELT!!!!

DS has been getting all kinds of teeth over the past few months. He never cried, etc.. All of a sudden, he had molars. Go figure. He cried with the first two.

I saw your baby's website btw. She is too cute! Where are you guys? I am in Cary...

hellokitty1
01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey, I'm in Morrisville, the land of Cary wanna-bees. J/K! Where in Cary are you? Send me an email. We're gonna go outside in a bit. Putting Sydney in her bunting and pullng her in a cooler on wheels.