PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gap red and white striped sweater-how do you wash

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-27-2004, 10:40 AM
I just got Tristan a red and white striped sweater...the red is strong and I am so afraid it will bleed...how do you suggest I wash this thing. I botch laundry big time...and am terrfied of reds...I hoped someone here had this seater and could put my mind at ease!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
01-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I usually wash stuff like this alone for the first time in cold water w/ salt added. Don't know if it really helps, but it's what my mother told me to do and who am I to question her!

MelissaTC
01-27-2004, 11:22 AM
I agree! Wash in cold, by itself. Use woolite or something very similar and gentle.

Kimberly H
01-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Neve, I haven't used one myself but I've heard that those "color catcher" things from Rit or Shout (or something like that) work really well. I'm going to pick one up tonight at Wal-Mart if the weather holds out. We need groceries!

hellokitty1
01-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Kimberly-

My mom is from Anhui province in China! So you've got a great little girl!

Kimberly H
01-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Vivian,

Thank you for the compliment! Mia looks very much like Sydney in her avatar. Take a look at http://www.picturetrail.com/rabbitwife in the family 2004 or our China journey to Mia album. It's uncanny!

malisa
01-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Neve,
We use the Color Catchers by Shout that Kimberly mentioned and they work great. I've used them with a bunch of dd's red and white striped stuff and have never had a problem. They're like a dryer sheet and you throw them in with your wash load. I also always wash things like that in cold, on gentle, and inside out.

HTH

Malisa
mom to Isablella 11/9/02