PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ebay sellers, do you ship internationally?

bluej
01-28-2004, 09:22 AM
On my auction I say that I only ship in the US. I just got an email asking if I'd ship to Denmark. The item is only $9. The shipping would be $10. Why in the world would a person want to pay that? The niceness in me wants to say yes to this person, but the laziness in me just doesn't want to bother with it. What do you guys do?

brigmaman
01-28-2004, 09:55 AM
I do ship internationally. For Canada I charge the same, but internationally, I like to do actual, because you can't necessarily tell. Maybe you are selling an item that is not available in Denmark? We were going to order a calendar for my cousin from GB that was not available here, so it would have been worth it.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-28-2004, 03:10 PM
yes I ship internationally. It's not really any more work, just fill out a customs form. My bids went up significantly when I decided to ship internationally. I was selling Barbies at the time, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

I always make international bidders pay electronically. It takes too long to wait for a money order and they would sometimes send the wrong kind that I could not cash here.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

nwaddellr
01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
I always ship internationally. Just tell the buyer they have to pay the shipping costs, and it really isn't any more work for you. Besides - if they want to spend the extra money, who are we to say we won't take it? ;-)