PDA

View Full Version : DD loves Simon and Garfunkel

esianoyam3
01-28-2004, 11:58 AM
True to her still-colicky self (I thought they were supposed to grow out of it at 3 months), DD is still being extremely fussy. There have been a few days in the last week or so that NOTHING will calm her down.

So on Sunday, out of desperation, I put Simon and Garfunkel on the CD player in her room (mostly just to have something to listen to besides her screaming).

Within seconds, she had calmed down, and within a few minutes, she was asleep!!

I've tried this a few other times this week (again, this morning out of desperation after an hour long scream fest) and it calmed her down after the first few notes of Scarborough Fair. She was asleep after the song had played through twice.

I just think it's too funny.

Do any of your children have favorite songs/groups that have this sort of effect on them?

I think DD is destined to be a music lover like her mom. She still doesn't play with toys, but the minute music starts playing on her gym-thingy, she starts kicking her legs like crazy and smiling. And she stops when the music stops and starts again when it starts back up.

hobey
01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
DS loves Springsteen which was one of the regular car CDs during my pregnancy. As soon as he hears Thunder Road (either the real thing or me singing way off-key), he calms down. :)

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

heytootsy
01-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Did you know SImon and Garfunkel have a CD just for kids?

Maya loved James Taylor when she was really little, now she won't go to sleep without listening to Norah Jones.

Marisa6826
01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Sophie's all time fave CD is Paul Simon's Graceland!

It's one of my favourites and I guess she remembers hearing it in utero :P

-m

flagger
01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Johnny Cash singing the NIN song Hurt worked like a charm during her fussy times.

Now she digs Marilyn Manson singing Tainted Love.

She will however stop whatever she is doing whenever Who Are You by the Who comes on. Must be because we have both season 1 and 2 of CSI:. LOL

mik8
01-28-2004, 01:58 PM
I accidentally discovered my DD's love(?) for music during a relative's get-together at our house over the holidays. We have this "magic phone" (don't ask me why it's called that way) karaoke which is basically a microphone loaded with 1,000 songs built-in chip for sing-along. Can be plugged to practically any t.v. When we did this, boy, it sure kept her calm and entertained for 2 hours! So when she's screaming like a madman and I know she's been fed and dry, I plug in this phone, and sing songs (thank goodness our neighbors can't hear us!).
That is the ONLY way I can bring her to slumber of silence. Mommy's voice is really put to the test towards the end!

flagger
01-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I admit fully that we and my DD are weirdos.

This little song is playing and she is very calm.

http://home.mindspring.com/~fatness2/sounds/FishHeads.mp3