PDA

View Full Version : OT: has anyone bought a mattress from Costco???

Tondi G
01-28-2004, 02:57 PM
They carry Sealy Mattresses and I am looking for something for DS's new big boy bed! I heard the twin mattresses go for around 99 dollars so a decent price! I only plan for the mattress to last a few years.... assuming all the jumping and possible bed wetting will break it down a lot fast than say the queen bed we are abaout to replace with a king! The salesman at the mattress store I went to told me not to invest a whole lot of money in a kids mattress..... they also don't need as hearty of mattresses and coils etc as we do cause their lower weight doesn't compress the springs much. Anyways.... I am going on too much.... but has anyone bought a mattress from Costco.... twin size or other??? OR do you ahve a Sealy Mattress? have you been happy with it???

Thanks a bunch!
~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

stillplayswithbarbies
01-28-2004, 03:50 PM
we bought a full size mattress at Costco for my son. Just be careful, some of their mattresses are hotel size and don't fit regular size sheets. We've been happy with the quality, but I don't recall seeing any as cheap as $99. Do you get their coupon book? there is a coupon for next week for $100 off a queen set.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

llcoddington
01-28-2004, 05:38 PM
We bought the Sealy twin at Costco. It's been fine so far. We much prefer our Simmons Beautyrest, but the Simmons was at least 5 times the price.

Lana
mom to Lauren 12/5/03

ShayleighCarsensMom
01-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I havent bought a mattress but I love costco for their return policy...you can return anything at anytime for any reason...I even returned a food proccesser that I had for 3 years (but used less than 5 times) when it broke and they let me get a new one. Not too many places are that good!

celfsh
01-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Tondi--

We bought a king for ourselves last year at Costco (around $650), and it is fabulous! Much better quality than any of the similarly-priced mattresses we saw at the retail stores. I don't recall any twins for $99 (wow!) but then again I wasn't looking at that size either. I'd recommend going to Costco and trying out the mattress, and if it's comfortable for you then go for it! We've been very pleased with ours.

HTH a little. Let me know if you have any more questions!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

starrynight
01-29-2004, 01:19 PM
I have a queen size sealy and it is the best thing I ever slept on! My neighbor just bought some twin size sealys from sam's, pretty much the same thing as costco. She said her girls are happy with them.

BTW sealy's have a 10 yr gurantee so IMO they are worth it. Although that doesn't cover stains on the cover, so I have a permanent apple juice stain on mine but oh well! I learned spill proof cup means nothing when a toddler leaves it upside down all day in your bed!