PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the smoke smell out?

SeekerMage
01-29-2004, 03:02 AM
We got a pack of diapers from the inlaws who smoke....they kept the pack in the garage for months and its where they smoke...well her diapers REAK of smoke! I couldnt figure out why she smelled funny...well her bum smelled like someone had just smoked a whole pack and stuffed them in her pants!

Is there any way to get the smell out? Its soo bad that Im tempted to chuck the whole pack!

himom
01-29-2004, 04:37 AM
The only thing I can think of is Febreez. My MIL is a heavy smoker also, and when she sent us smoky stuff the only solution we had was washing with Oxiclean 2 or 3 times, which obviously wouldn't work for you. Maybe Dryel would work?

Sorry I can't think of anything more...that's a tough one!

Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

barbarhow
01-29-2004, 09:49 AM
If they are disposables-which it sounds like they are-I would chuck them. Disposables are made of extremely absorbant material-apparently it sucks up odors as well as moisture. Ugh. Sorry for you. But sorry for baby's touche as well. Besides you don't want a stranger coming up to your babe on the street and asking if she can "spare a butt". KWIM?
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

lukkykatt
01-29-2004, 10:06 AM
The only things I can think of is to try leaving them outside in a bag to "air out" or try putting them in a bag with a few Bounce sheets - the people from P&G act as if Bounce can cure just about anything, so it is worth a try.

If that doesn't work, I would throw them out.

Tondi G
01-29-2004, 03:46 PM
I would toss them! Wouldn't want that residue next to baby's skin!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

Grace_underfire
01-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Like they said if they are disposables I would toss them. Smoke smell is tough to get rid of and I would not want my baby's bum to be in touch with any residue. If they are cloth diapers I think vinegar is supposed to help with smells quite a bit.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-29-2004, 05:43 PM
rather than toss them, you may be able to take them back to Toys R Us or WalMart and exchange them. It's sort of a not nice thing to do, but if you don't want to throw them away that might work. Just tell them they are the wrong brand or size and then exchange them for something else.

But then you are just passing the problem on to whoever buys it next.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

AJsMom
01-29-2004, 11:59 PM
I would definitely toss them too. Yuck! Not the cute baby smell we all love now, is it??