PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, OH Moms?

wilelm
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Okay, I'm wondering if there are other moms in Columbus, OH who would like to get together? I'm a stay-at-home mom starved for adult conversation, and I only have 1 other friend who doesn't work, but she's got 2 kids (hence, has a harder time getting herself together to try to meet somewhere) and lives 30 minutes away.

I'm also hoping the mother-to-be I talked to at Roush Honda yesterday (Wednesday, the 28th), who I mentioned this site to, will see this and respond. It was nice talking to you.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

spu
01-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi Sheila,

I used to live in Columbus for 2 years! Where in Columbus do you live? We were in Westerville. My DH worked at OSU doing his post-doctoral research. I worked downtown at Resource Marketing, now called 10 Worldwide I think...

I wonder if we ever crossed paths... where did you shop, eat, hang out? Did you grow up there?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

wilelm
01-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Susan,

I live in the Northland area, off of Morse. We moved here from Portland, OR (where I'm from) 6 years ago this October. We didn't know the area when we moved (had never been here before), and now regret where we bought. We're going to try to sell the house, and hope to move to Westerville.

When we first moved here I worked at Ohio Magazine/Ohio Publishing downtown, across the street from the capitol, then I worked at McGraw-Hill Publishing in Polaris.

What years did you live here? Where are you from originally? Where do you live now?

Sheila

muskiesusan
01-29-2004, 12:34 PM
I currently live in Cincinnati, but did live in Columbus a year after college in Grandview. I do have a sister and brother there, plus my mom will moving there in a few months, so I make it up there quite a bit.

Hopefully AugustMom will see your post, she lives in Columbus, but the part of town is escaping me right now!

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

wilelm
01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Maybe we can get together some time when you're here. Have you met with AugustMom before?

Sheila

spu
01-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Sheila,

Looks like there's 2 susan's that used to live in Columbus! How funny!

We were there in 1997-99. We moved back to Boston when my DH finished his post-doc and got a job here. I remember they were developing more and more towns outside the outer loop and adding lots of nice affordable communities on the outskirts. Is it getting more populated? My DH and I each had pretty direct commutes, so traffic wasn't really a problem.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

August Mom
01-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi. Yes. I'm in the Columbus area. I'll PM you.