PDA

View Full Version : Jumping off post on babies flying w/ or w/o seats...

brigmaman
01-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Is there anywhere online where I can purchase a child seat only (discounted) for a flight my dh and I are already booked on? When I called originally to get on the flights we're on, they quoted me a huge price directly from AA. So I booked our tickets online for half the price. Now I may want to get Brig a seat, but how? I was banking on bringing his seat, but we are flying over the Easter break. (April 5-12) so am I crazy to think there will be an open seat?
And what about this... I know it wouldn't be safe in a car, so probably not in a plane either.

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=323&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27179&iProductID=323&change=117

flagger
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Are you part of their elite flying program? If so I would call that separate line. Also I can only get a price break when I book all three tickets at once.

You might call the airline with your flight info and ask them about adding a third passenger and tell them it is an infant. See if you can get a break directly from the airline itself.

Remember flight fares change hourly so what you are quoted now can be much different later today or even tomorrow or next week.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-29-2004, 05:21 PM
call the airline directly, they should be able to give you the tickets at half price.

Notice that the Baby B'air is not allowed to be used during taxi, takeoff and landing, and those are the most dangerous parts of the flight. I wouldn't use it. In an emergency, your own body could crush him.

If there is an emergency, and passengers are asked to get into brace position, babies without a carseat have to be put on the floor between your feet. So the vest thing couldn't be used then either.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

wilelm
01-29-2004, 06:12 PM
I would buy him a seat. I bought the vest and used it once. One airline wouldn't even let me use it, despite the certificate it comes with telling them it's not against FAA rules to use it. And it's true, he would be much safer in his carseat. I'll never fly again without getting Miriam her own seat and bringing her RA.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

brigmaman
01-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Thanks... I just called the airline directly and bought Brig a seat for a bit more than I payed for my own. And that was discounted. :)
I feel much better about it. It is our first time flying together, and he is almost 30 lbs. so this should work out.
After reading the other thread, I got nervous. We were on a flight from Texas to NY once when we hit sudden turbulence. That was extremely scary. I was even being jolted and held onto dh.
I feel like his Triumph will be too fat for the seat though...

stillplayswithbarbies
01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
if your carseat says that is approved for airline travel, then it has been tested in planes and will fit.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03