PDA

View Full Version : OT: Do you go/have you gone to your high school reunions?

rorycam
02-11-2004, 01:30 PM
I just got the invite to our 15th reunion...well, I actually graduated in 1988, so this is our 16th year out, but we missed having one last summer because of some mix-up and now it is this year. I went to the 5th reunion, but skipped the 10th, and not sure if I want to go to this one. I had a fine time in high school and would like to see some old friends, but not sure it would be worth the flight out there, the money, bringing along my infant, etc.

I'm also a little apprehensive as I recently had a major falling-out with a woman I am virtually certain will be there, and I'm not sure I'm up to either running into her or trying to avoid her (I'm from a small town so not too many people in my class), but I would hate to let something as silly as that keep me from going if I might have fun.

Anybody here go to their reunions or not? Did you enjoy it if you went, or was it not all that great? Of course, there will be another in a few years if I skip this one, but I'm just curious and trying to make a decision in time to save on a cheap flight if I decide to go:)

Rory

KMommie
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
When my 10th reunion came up (I graduated in 1988, like you), I didn't go. I thought about it, but decided the financial cost of going was too much. When our 20th comes around, I think I'll be more inclined to go. 10 years just wasn't enough time for me to go by before revisiting high school. Now, I'm more nostalgic about stuff. I did get the "yearbook" that updated everyone's lives that wrote back to the reunion committee, and that was nice. If you really want to go, I would go. You never know what may keep you from attending the next one---

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

MelissaTC
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
MY HS reunion was last year (10 yr reunion) but I passed on going. I skipped because I didn't feel ready to see those people again. I went to an all girls private school and my graduating class was like 90 students. I remember all their names! I would probably be more inclined to attend my 20th.

amp
02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I *hated* HS, and I had some problems my jr. & sr. years, so up till now I have flatly refused to see any of those people again. Now that it's been 17 yrs, I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't like to let bygones be bygones and be a grownup and go show off my wonderful life! LOL! I don't know if I'm that grown up yet, but I do think about it sometimes. I'll probably chicken out by the time our 20th rolls around.

AngelaS
02-11-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't live too far from where I grew up so I've gone to both my 5 and 10 year reunions. My class was only 63 so we were a pretty close group too. The reunions weren't a ton of fun, but not terrible either.