PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hostess gift when you're staying the weekend at someone's cabin

Karenn
02-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Our friends have invited us to spend the weekend with them at their cabin out of town. I'm trying to figure out what to bring as a hostess gift. I was thinking a bottle of wine and a box of candy from a well known candy company that has an outlet on the way to the cabin. But, since it is a whole weekend, I'm wondering if it shouldn't be something bigger... Any thoughts?

Thanks,

macassi
02-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Usually, we will take the host out to dinner.

Otherwise, you might bring the wine and candy, and see what they might need/want while you're at the cabin. You can send it after the weekend as a "thank you" for a great time.

Jen in Chicago
02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
I remember my Mom always bringing groceries (meals, snacks, treats, wine,...) to our friend's cabins and "cabin" gifts like games and puzzles (that were used and used on cold winter trips after skiing.) Is there a meal you can provide?

jec2
02-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I was just going to suggest the games in addition to snacks and stuff. Good suggestion :)

lizajane
02-11-2004, 06:19 PM
something for them to keep at the cabin is a nice idea. like a bottle of wine, but with 4 wine glasses. my family has a beach house and we often receive gifts for the house that we love.

mharling
02-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Does cabin = fire or fireplace? How about stuff to make S'Mores? You could even get them the skewer-type things to roast the marshmallows to keep there.

Mmm, I'm salivating just thinking about S'Mores. I don't even remember the last time I had one!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2303.jpg Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

amp
02-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Looking at the others replies...you could do the wine and candy but you could do a basket that had some other little odds and ends. A small game, wine glasses, or cocoa and mugs or some other little snacks, etc. I also like the smores idea.

wendmatt
02-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm about the worst person to decide what to give as a gift so I can't help you there! Suggestions have been great though. I just wanted to say Have a Great time, sounds wonderful.