PDA

View Full Version : Would you respond to an ad in your ped's office?

jojo2324
02-13-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm desperate. I have a couple of mommy friends out here (you're great Trish and Tracey!! :)) but I would love to start a group with more people. Would you think it weird if you saw a posting at the ped's? Or the library? My ped office does have ads, but they're all for baby-sitters and car seat checks. What do you think?

Marisa6826
02-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Sure. Why not?

Is there not a website for EH? I know that Hoboken had a couple different community websites that had ads for stuff like Mommy groups.

I think the library is also a good bet.

Good luck!

-m

caleymama
02-13-2004, 07:00 PM
I definitely would. Being relatively new in town myself, I actually looked at the wall of notices the last time we were at the Ped's office hoping to find some sort of group like that! I think the library is another great place. Hmmm ... maybe instead of looking I need to be the one posting, since we've been here 8 months and I have yet to meet many people, let alone people with toddlers.

NancyJ_redo
02-13-2004, 07:01 PM
I was DESPERATE for mommy friends when I was on maternity leave over the summer. I would've been really happy to find an ad for a play group/mommy get together at my Ped's office. I ended up taking a Mommy & Me class over the summer, and am now in one 1 night/wk geared towards working moms, and it was/is very clear everyone does it to find mommy friends.

An ad in your ped's office is not weird at all - try it and I bet every person who calls you will be really thankful you took the initiative!

C99
02-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Joanne,

I thought of doing this myself once, so I would totally respond to it.

brigmaman
02-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Do it Joanne! Maybe at the the EH library as well! That's actually a great idea...

egoldber
02-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Well, I probably wouldn't respond to an ad on a bulletin board. But I WOULD respond if a mom stood up after story time and said "I'm taking names of local moms who are interested in forming a playgroup". If anyone's interested, please sign up and hey, even better, lets go to lunch (or the park or whatever) right now!

MelissaTC
02-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I would respond if I were interested. I actually responded to an ad in the Penny Saver for the MOMS Club. They referred me to my local group and I am so thankful I called. We are now in a playgroup that meets once a week and I have met some nice Moms from the group. Go for it! And I would also suggest looking into the MOMS club. They are awesome!

boys2enough
02-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Yes I would!!! I am so desperate now too. I posted the question the other day asking where and how moms can meet and make new friends and received many many wonderful suggestions and encouragement. You are definitely not alone.

I actually took one advice and posted a "classified" on Craig's List for a Mom's Book club. Well, not surprising, so far, nobody responded. So an ad in ped's office is not weird at all. ;-)