PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a reliable way to get baby's height?

deborah_r
02-13-2004, 11:56 PM
We tried to measure him the other day and think he is 27". Well, according to the 5 second height check the nurse did at his 6 month checkup he was 27". I can't imagine he hasn't grown at all. I don't totally trust her measurements, but I don't trust mine either!

I was thinking about ordering ONE Hanna outfit, just to see, but I'm not sure what size to order.

Also, how do you measure the rise, for cloth diaper orders?

JLiebCamm
02-14-2004, 12:54 AM
I don't know if this counts as reliable, but we used to lay DS on his changing table and one of us would try to stretch him out while the other would mark the top and bottom. Then we'd pick him up and use a tape measure to measure between the marks.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being precise when ordering from Hanna. I would err on the larger side if it's close between two, but I've found all my Hanna stuff to fit well throughout growth spurts. They have a nice cut and seem to grow with DS better than other brands.

parkersmama
02-14-2004, 01:01 AM
We do it the same way Jessica does. Another way is to take a yardstick and lay him down either on it or right beside it. When doing this, it's important to be sure his head is right at the top (you can use a book or something similar to help with levelling) and then stretch his leg out and hold his foot flat. Not that easy but it's doable. I often don't trust the measurements they do at the dr. either. They're in too big a hurry! I agree with you...he's probably grown at least an inch in the last 3 months.