PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone own the Le Mystere Tisha bra shown on Oprah?

rrosen
02-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Since the birth of my dd five months ago, am unhappy with the fit of my bras. I can't seem to find one that lifts me into a good shape. This bra was shown on this weeks "what not to wear" episode. It looks like what I am looking for. I used to wear the Victoria Secret's Body by Victoria bra. I loved that one but now that I am wearing a larger size it does not come in the molded cups which provided better shaping under clothes IMO. If anyone owns this bra please tell me if it is worth the $56-$62 depending on style. I would pay that if it is worth it since it is cheaper (and less painful) than surgery. ;)

Thanks!

Rebecca
mom to Gabrielle 9/6/03

MelissaTC
02-14-2004, 12:56 PM
I do not have this bra but I have some awesome bras that I purchased at Lane Bryant. They are under the Cacique brand which used to be a store. Not sure what happened to it but I loved it. Similar to VS. Anyway, their sizing starts at 38C and goes up so I would suggest checking them out before taking such a big plunge. I know I *LOVE* my Cacique t-shirt bras. It makes me look like I had a boob job in that my breasts look absolutely perfect!

HTH!

jojo2324
02-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks for asking this!! I happened to see that episode too, and my ears totally perked up at the thought of a nice underwire bra!! Even DH commented that the girl who used it looked much better after! :)

My problem is I need underwire, but it hurts! And I've been measured again and again. I always have to wear bras at the loosest setting. If I go a size up, then the cups start to pucker. :( I guess I have a large chest? (Actual chest, not the twins.)

Melissa, I think I'll check out the one you mentioned...I guess in about a year, LOL, once the nursing bras are on their way out. :D

Momof3Labs
02-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to check this out! We're down to two nursings a day and so my non-nursing bra days are approaching. I can't WAIT to wear a "normal" bra, and this one sounds great!! So does the one you mentioned, Melissa!

new_mommy25
02-25-2004, 03:13 AM
Coming on this thread late but..

I have a le Mystere nursing bra. Not only is it extremly comfortable, but it is black lace. So I feel somewhat "sexy" even though I am wearing a nursing bra, kwim? It cost around $50 at Nordstroms but I generally would pay that much for a regular bra anyway. I have always been wierd sizes so I can never find bras that fit just right at places like VS. IMO you get what you pay for.

blnony
02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
I have a Le Mystere bra, not sure if its the Tisha, it from an Oprah's favorite things eposide last year, I got it at Nordstroms, and I love it.
It looks wonderful under t shirts or things that are a little more tight fitting. It fits better than the VS bras I've had, and after baby, none of the VS bras fit right. I had to go on a bra spree after I stoppe BF and the girls headed south. :D
I also found a neat underwire at Target of all places that fits great too. I have no idea what brand it is though, but it was like $10.