PDA

View Full Version : HELP -I'M WORRIED- is this semi normal...

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Tristan lately is going up to our windows, and the french doors (in otherwords glass) and he hits his forhead on them...he spreads eagle out and stands himslef up and (sort of gently but rough enough I don't dare let him do it) slowly and consistently head butts the door (window).

No need to tell me to catch him and don't let him do it...I AM not letting him do it!!!!

But is this kind of normal...I am worried that he seems to enjoy this...

NOTE: It is not a tantrum sort of thing...no tantrums (yet)...he really seems to like it!!!

HELP!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

MelissaTC
02-14-2004, 05:43 PM
I think it is a phase. Matthew did the same thing...he has also hit against the walls. Now the cool thing is to throw our bottoms directly on the floor...*sigh*...boys...

jojo2324
02-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Gannon slams the back of his head against the couch (after he's removed the cushions). I worry about whiplash...

lisams
02-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Normal;) I think they like the fact they can make noise banging their heads. DD will bump her head on the table or something and say "owwwwa" and then do it again a few times. I've seen other babies do this, and a few of us moms laughed about how our little ones do this the other day at Gymboree! Ah, the fun of discovering how to do new things!!!

Lisa

AngelaS
02-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Gabrielle seems to like the coolness of glass on her forehead and cheeks. I think she likes the 'thunk' noise of whacking her head too.

I've also seen her lift her shirt to press her belly against the cool oven door or the fridge. Now that, is weird! LOL

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-14-2004, 06:46 PM
I swear I think this had my panties in a wad more than anything else so far...I was all worried that that was a sign of something...I don't know what...but assumed it wasn't a good thing...

So glad to know it is atleast done by others...
Thank you ladies!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

billysmommy
02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Billy does this too, on the sliding door and we have a low mirror attached to the wall, he does it on this too and then giggles at the other baby :)

Kimberly H
02-14-2004, 07:25 PM
ooo, ooo, ooo! I can answer this one!

While in China, we'd stand at the big picture windows in our hotel room and look outside. Invariably Mia would whack her head over and over as hard as she could against the window. Robert was sure there would be brain damage!

It's a stage, one I'm looking forward to be over SOON!

jmofarrill
02-15-2004, 02:21 AM
ummmm... not sure if I should admit this, but... *I* do this. LOL It helps relieve pressure in my head and if I have a headache, sometimes it's the only way to deal with the pain.

newbelly2002
02-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Thank goodness! We came to the same conclusion because Dante does this when he's teething (not that you're teething, Michelle!) and when he has a cold. He also does it with his ears (pushes his hands against his ears, release, repeat). Watch out, Neve, it's not just glass, but wood, stone, drywall....I try and offer a pillow where possible. He'll occasionally take me up on it.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

sntm
02-15-2004, 05:35 PM
LOL - have you seen Parenthood with Steve Martin? You MUST rent that now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

jojo2324
02-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Hahahahaha!! I forgot about that!! :D

MelissaTC
02-15-2004, 06:16 PM
LOL! Baby in the bucket! Seriously, I *LOVE* that movie and have a whole new appreciation for it now that I am a parent...

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-15-2004, 06:24 PM
We'll check it out after this ice storm rolls thru...UGH!!!!
Sounds like I could use it about now!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003