PDA

View Full Version : You decide! Half full, or half empty?

jojo2324
02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
I should go with the optomistic view, right? It's healthier.

You know it's not a good start when you're shaving your legs and realize when you're done that you didn't actually do a thing because you put the razor blade in the wrong direction. And then, when you gear up to do it all over again (razor righted), you can't because you misjudged how much shaving gel was left in the can and there's none left. None. And you don't have a new can to open up.

So now I'm still stubbly. And annoyed that I was in such a stupor I didn't realize that a) my razor wasn't doing anything and b) the shaving gel was so low. I wouldn't have globbed so much onto one leg if I'd known the other would be missing out. Which it didn't, in the end.

BUT, the half full part is that I had time to shave my legs!! Right? :D

mamahill
02-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh heavens, if you're actually THINKING about shaving your legs and Sorrel is less than 6 months old, I'd have to say you are DEFINITELY a half-full kind of girl. LOL at your "ordeal" though. :D

bluej
02-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Definitely half full! Not only did you THINK about shaving your legs, but you carried through w/ doing it and then when you realized it didn't work, you had the energy and frame of mind to do it over again (if only that shaving gel hadn't run out!)!

brubeck
02-16-2004, 07:10 PM
So I guess I'm just not the beauty queen type but I use soap to shave my legs all the time. Of course I do a good exfoliating scrub to get rid of the dead, dry skin first. Does it HAVE to be shaving gel?

And I live in CA and I'm not even going to THINK about shaving my legs until it is warm enough to go barelegged.

deborah_r
02-16-2004, 07:59 PM
I could barely muster the desire to get dressed when my baby was that old, and I didn't have a toddler to tend to! So definitely half full.

And I echo Helen, I use soap and only occasionally treat myself to the special shaving gel. Don't really notice much of a difference either...

egoldber
02-16-2004, 09:25 PM
LOL! Another soap user here. But I bow before your ability to shave your legs!!! :)

Calmegja2
02-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Half full, absolutely. You go girl....

I'm impressed that you attempted it...

Can I confess? I've used conditioner, like cheap hair conditioner to shave my legs forever. I love how slick it makes my legs...

Marisa6826
02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Girls, girls, girls...

March yourselves to the store and pick up that cool Intuition razor.

Not only does it kick butt, it INCLUDES a little bar of lubricant already ATTACHED to the blade.

You just wet your legs, wet the razor and go to town.

Takes a fraction of the time it used to with that damn shaving gel!!!

Worth the $8. Believe me!!!!

-m

And you - Mrs. Prime - I'm appalled at your ambition :P

jojo2324
02-16-2004, 11:18 PM
LOL!! :D I think it was a way to treat myself...Since I had the time, and I haven't done it in ages...:)

My legs are so dry, I don't like to use soap. Even if I moisturize with cocoa butter, they are reptilian within an hour. :(

Jessica, that's a great idea for the conditioner! I get huge vats of shampoo and conditioner at BJs, but the shampoo always runs out first! Now I have something to do with the extra conditioner.

papal
02-16-2004, 11:29 PM
HALF FULL!!! Sorell is not even a month old and you are already shaving your legs! Girl, when do you get the time??? Leela is almost 4 months old now and for the most part of the last 4 months i have had a forest growing on my legs!!! The only time i shaved was for the 6 weeks ob-gyn appointment and for valentine's day. I use dh's shaving gel (Edge). It is the best.
And a tip for all ladies.. use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol after the shave. It does not burn (for me anyway) and you dont get ingrown hairs. Also, the Curel Soy lotion really makes your hair grow back slower and softer. I highly recommend it to everyone!
Kudos to you Joanne! I bow down to your shaving efforts too!

llcoddington
02-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Yep, conditioner works great! If you are out of shaving cream, try conditioner!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03