PDA

View Full Version : Please help me get my 16 wk old to nap!

eaj7889
02-17-2004, 11:33 AM
I need some advice...I can not get my 16 week old son to nap. He is definitely getting tired. He gets fussy, his eyes red, yawns, everything and there is a definite pattern in the times of the day it happens, but I CAN NOT get his to nap any where...that is unless we are out and about! He will only nap in his infant carrier. This includes at home when we aren't out, I found this out because I got frustrated trying to get him down for naps! And I really need to find a way to get him to nap in his crib. He doesn't have any problem going down at night and even puts himself back to sleep if he wakes. But during the day...I can rock him to sleep, put him down and he lasts about 10 minutes. I can try to let him cry it out, but never over an hour, and console him, but not pick him up and he just opens his eyes and smiles at me. Some times he'll just play in his crib after sleeping only a few minutes. But not sleep during the day. Any advice how to get him to nap? He is going down at night at 7 now that he's decided to forgo the naps and sleeps till 7 or 8 the next morning. I'd love for him to nap during the day so he wouldn't get so fussy and could stay up a little later to spend more time with his daddy. Any ideas?

egoldber
02-17-2004, 11:53 AM
It sounds like he is getting over tired. Once he is showing all the sleep signs, it may be too late to get him to nap. Try putting him down about 15 minutes earlier than you are currently are and see if it helps.

Good luck!

Momof3Labs
02-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Also, try transitioning him to the crib more gently - try putting him in his infant carrier in the crib for a while, and then work on putting him directly in his crib.