PDA

View Full Version : Is my bra really that funny?

mamahill
02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking it's time to move my bras and underwear from the easily-accessible bottom drawer. In the past, Ainsleigh has grinned widely and occasionally giggled when I put on my bra. Recently, she has begun dragging one around with her when I'm in the shower, and trying to make it look like a belt. But this morning was the one that sent me into fits of giggles, and probably inappropriately so: I got out of the shower to witness my no-yet-2-year-old walking around in my black lace thong. I have yet to determine A) how she found it, B) How she knew how to put it on (I guess it was a 1 in 3 chance?), and C), what made her say, "See! Pitty!" (pretty). Really, the whole thing should have been more disturbing than anything, but I giggled and said, "These are mommy's pants. Let's put them away."

Ugh, when I read up on baby-proofing, this was NOT one of the things covered...

sweetbasil
02-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Too funny, Sarah! The other day I was pumping- Charlie just wasn't into eating, I guess, so he was on the floor playing with a toy next to me, while I pumped. Kellen walks in and sees me hooked up to the Medela PIS (not the first time he'd seen me pumping, but for some reason was extra interested), and he came over, cocked his head to the side, and said, "Wow, so the milk just comes right out and goes in the bottles?"
"Um, yep honey."
He stops to think for a minute and says, "So there's holes in there for the milk to squirt out?"
"Holes in where, honey?"
"Your bra things."

My bra things. Yeah, my bra things. And that's about how sexy I feel these days, with my bra things being all about function. Thanks, Kell!

mamahill
02-18-2004, 06:07 PM
LOL - bra things! That's great! I love the innocence of children. Way to go, Kellen (and thanks for the giggle, Julie)!

COElizabeth
02-18-2004, 06:09 PM
LOL! I was just talking with a friend this morning, and she reported that her 2-year-old DD came in with 10 pairs of Mommy's panties on her head, saying, "Pretty!"

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

brubeck
02-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Sarah you ain't seen nothin'! One day when I was in the shower Amy pulled on my underwear (up to her armpits), threw the straps on my bra around her head and then tried to pull on her PJs over them. I nearly died watching this from the shower! :)

Of course she dind't tell me how pretty she looked!

Julie your pumping story beats mine because I would hide out in a separate room to pump (afraid that Amy would pull at the cords, tubing and such) but she did always like me to put nipple cream on her. It is VERY funny to have a 2 year old begging you, "Can I have some cream please?" when you are using the Lansinoh.

Is this just because she's a girl or would Andrew have wanted nipple cream too?

jojo2324
02-18-2004, 06:24 PM
LOL!!! BRA THINGS?? That is hilarious!! :D

Sigh. I was trying on some shirts yesterday and both my bra and its things were woefully shlumpy. I can't wait for some underwire! :)

starrynight
02-18-2004, 06:25 PM
LOL that is hilarious Sarah! ;)

sweetbasil
02-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I forgot- one day (when company was here, of course) we all looked over and noticed that Kellen was using something to play an imaginary fishing game over the edge of the couch- yup, with the tubing that connects the pump to the bottles. Of course, everyone wanted to know what he was using- thanks, son ;)

brubeck
02-18-2004, 06:52 PM
At least he wasn't using the cones as 'hooks'! It would be even more embarrassing if you had the 'small breasts' inserts in the cones too. :)

Marisa6826
02-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Julie-

I would save that story to tell as part of your toast at Kellen's wedding :P

-m

Torey
02-18-2004, 07:35 PM
My DD (who is really pretty little and doesn't say much yet) seems to think that underwear is a hat. She keeps trying to put DH's underwear on her head and then she tried to put mine (which she found in the laundry room in the dirty clothes) on her head. Yuck. It is so funny though.

Roleysmom
02-18-2004, 07:48 PM
"Mama's fancy underwear" made its debut as Roley's shirt yesterday. Apparently clutching a waayyyyyyy too big pair of women's Jockey reddish-orange flowered hipster underpants (in no way do I actually mean to suggest these are hip, these are Bridget Jones' Diary underpants all of the way, that's just the name of the style) against your unclothed chest is all of the rage.

Roley has been entranced with my new underwear since she helped me take them out of the packaging a couple of days ago. On Monday, she took to taking the flowered pair off the bed where I was folding laundry, putting them through her legs on top of her clothes and walking around saying, "I have fancy underwear." That made me think that maybe I could connect this with our ongoing potty training (her potty training, not mine, although this is something we are all in together) . So we looked at the Hanna catalog together and picked out underwear Roley would wear when she was finished with diapers. That was probably a mistake. Since Monday all she's talked about is her underwear and since her underwear isn't here yet (I ended up ordering some last night, feeling desperate), Mama's makes a good substitute. But to wear as a shirt. Or more appropriately, given the size differential, as a dress.

To make a long story long, I was changing her clothes yesterday evening to take her to our friends' house who were babysitting so we could go see Pirates of Penzance. She had taken the favored flowered underpants out of my draw (also toddler height) and said she was going to wear "Mama's fancy underwear." As a shirt. She WOULD NOT and I mean WOULD NOT put a regular shirt on. I got the pants, socks and shoes on. I could not get a shirt on to save my life. It's now 15 minutes past the time I was supposed to take her to my friends house. My DH has a student downstairs that he is tutoring. Roley is screaming at the top of her lungs, "Don't touch me I wanna wear fancy underwear!" So, I say fine, figuring I would pack shirts in her bag and she would tire of wearing the pants soon enough. I also figured it would be covered by a coat and I would call my friends, explain why I was late and tell them what to expect. I did not know that when you wear your Mama's underpants as a shirt, you do not wear a coat. I guess I'm not reading the NYTimes Sunday Style section close enough.

So, I run her out to the car laying the coat on top of her, put her in the carseat wearing, for the record, striped purple socks, jeans and flowered underpants clutched to her chest. I get her to our friends' house and stay for a few minutes. It's hard for her to help my friend stir the pudding because she's cluthing her "top" to hold it up. I leave.

When we pick her up several hours later, she is not wearing the "top" (how many times can you say underpants in one post?) My friend said their son repositioned the "top" so she didn't have to clutch it to keep it on. Great. After a while she said she wanted it off.

Today, as I was getting ready to take her to the doctor, we made a pact as she lobbied to wear my camisole/tank thingie. You could put it in your bag to take but you can't wear it to see the doctor. Thankfully that worked.

Thanks, Sarah, for letting me get this off my chest! (Pun intended.)

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

mamahill
02-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Hoo-eee, wiping the tears from my eyes. Thanks for the laugh. I'll have to remember NOT to wear my coat next time I don my flowered-underpants-shirt;).

Roleysmom
02-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Glad to be of style service! Hey, isn't your DH a designer? Maybe the newest mass-market fashion?

brubeck
02-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Paula I am ROTFL at this! I hope you got express shipping on that Hanna order!

Roleysmom
02-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Helen, I didn't even think about that! They said four to six days. Every couple of hours Roley asks me when they are coming.

I was thinking of a post you wrote months ago when your DD tried to go to the bathroom by herself and you ended up in poopy he!!. Well that was my early afternoon yesterday. I thought Roley was taking a nap. She was actually discovering (and I know you know what I mean) her feces. Hey, nice color, good consistency, I know what it is, paint! So that was my 1 p.m. to about 2 p.m. You've read about my 5 to 6 p.m.

It's been a really long week.

egoldber
02-18-2004, 09:22 PM
OMG!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! (and wiping tears away too...)

Well, DD is also interested in my underwear and bras. I think its just that age when they want to be like you. I also have ockey flowery underwear, and DD was talking all day one day about how mommy had on "flower underwear". To pretty much anyone who cared to listen. For the first time I was truly grateful that her articulation is so poor, that unless you KNEW she was saying "flower underwear" you would never guess!

But I did take that opportunity, as she was saying "Sarah wear flower underwear too", to say that only big girls that use the potty wear underwear. And when she was ready to use the potty, to let me know and we'd get HER flower underwear. I could definitely see the wheels turning with that one, so we'll see what develops!

jojo2324
02-18-2004, 09:27 PM
For the first time I was truly
>grateful that her articulation is so poor, that unless you
>KNEW she was saying "flower underwear" you would never
>guess!

Oh Beth, that is a kicker!! :D

I am nearly in need of new underwear here, as mine are close to becoming soiled reading these stories. LOL!

Do boys do this too? I can see Batman capes and stuff like that, but maybe not flowery underwear...

Tondi G
02-18-2004, 10:28 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I can one up you! I love, love, love that Ainsleigh thought your lace thong was pretty..... hey she's agirl she knows how panties go on!!!!

Anyways back to my experience! I was doing laundry one day and grabbed all the stuff out of the dryer and put it in a pile on my bed. Went back to change over the next load and heard Mason pitter patter down the hallway. As I approach my room I hear Mason gleefully giggling and jumping on my bed... I enter to room to find my 2 year old jumping up and down on the pile of laundry on the bed and has a pair of panties with little pink hearts all over them ON properly! He got such a kick out of it..... my husband probably would have died! I told him they were mommies panties and he said... NO Mason's panties... jumped off the bed and ran down the hall with them...... I suppose they fell off and by the time I caught up with him they were now on his HEAD!!!!!! He has a thing for undergarments.... and is still obsessed with my boobs after nursing till 26 months! I can just imagine what his first girlfriend is gonna look like..... she'll be the girl who developed early.... the one with the big boobs! LOL

I suppose I should be thankful he isn't regularly raiding my drawers for my underwear...... mine are in the top drawer!

Hmmm... maybe you should get Ainsleigh a few pairs of her own pretty panties..... just for play now but she can wear them eventually!!!!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

mamahill
02-19-2004, 12:44 AM
LOL, my younger brother used to call his underwear panties (that's what they were in a house full of girls!) and it drove my dad nuts. That's hilarious that his (your) panties can double as pants and hats - very multipurpose of him;).

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe we should get her her own. And NOT the thong style...

himom
02-19-2004, 05:00 AM
> I did not know that when you wear your Mama's
>underpants as a shirt, you do not wear a coat. I guess I'm not
>reading the NYTimes Sunday Style section close enough.

ROTFL!!! I've got to remember that I shouldn't read the boards while I'm waiting for the baby to fall asleep. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud that I ended up SNORTING very loudly, distracting my poor almost-asleep DS.

All these stories are great!

Jodi
Mom to Joshua Keoni, February 2003

McQ
02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
That's one of the funniest stories I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

cara1
02-19-2004, 10:22 AM
These stories are just too funny. But honestly, where are the pictures? I want to see pictures!

newbelly2002
02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Ummm....yes.

Two days ago I was hanging laundry on the rack (we don't have a dryer) when I looked down and saw Dante struggling with something and giggling. Looking closer I saw that he had my red valentine's day Betty Boop thong around his waist. Then he pulled it around his neck like a string of pearls and danced around his room.

Unfortunately, I think this all started becuase ever since Dante could walk, DH has been putting my underwear on the kiddo's head. It evokes a giggle out of both father and son.

Oh the therapy bills.

And Sarah, Beth and Paula, I have to say that I spit coffee on my screen this morning at the thought (and imagined sight) of your girls and your collective, flowered and not, underwear.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

sntm
02-19-2004, 05:55 PM
so does this mean all the bras I'm too busty for now will eventually find some use??? hot-diggity. :+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03