PDA

View Full Version : Question about stroller/car seat usage for btdt parents...

sbjf
02-18-2004, 09:18 PM
In your experiences, how important/convenient/necessary is the feature of having the infant carseat clip into a frame or stroller?

I've got a Mountain Buggy Urban Single stroller and the carry cot accessory. Mountain Buggy also offers an infant carseat carrier clip that will accommodate my SnugRide infant carseat.

I am leaning towards just using the carry cot with the stroller and not worrying about the carseat clip for the stroller. I am also planning on slinging and using a Baby Bjorn.

I know this might be better suited for the stroller board but I thought I'd try it here first b/c not all btdt parents frequent the stroller boards anymore.

Calmegja2
02-18-2004, 09:23 PM
I've had four children, and I've never ever used the carseat with the stroller, any stroller. I did have a stroller carrier, a universal, but it never left the box. I simply never needed it.

I would go with the carrycot, and reposition that tiny baby like a sausage frequently to fight against plagiocephaly, but I really think you can absolutely get away without a carseat being used outside of a car.....because I did! ;-)

caleymama
02-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I do not think it is a necessary feature. We had a full featured stroller that we could use from the first week that did not accept the carseat, so obviously we just used the stroller. I used the sling and baby bjorn some and also sometimes just used the carseat if it was going to be a quick errand (post office or something) or if I was just running into a store that had a shopping cart I could use briefly with the carseat. I did have a stroller that worked with our carseat but we did not use it often and certainly could have gotten by without it. I don't care for that stroller as much as my others now and it's currently just taking up space in the basement.

pamela mom of 3
02-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Can't say i ever found it all that important either ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

toomanystrollers
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Nah, go ahead and skip the carseat clip :)

jamsmu
02-18-2004, 10:38 PM
I, of course, have to offer another side.

I don't love the carrier component of the carseat/stroller travel system. Basically, because it got really heavy, really quickly. But I can't tell you what a lifesaver it has been when ds is sleeping in the backseat and we get to the mall/playground/town. I don't have to wake ds to put him in the stroller, I just clip him in.

No, it's not something you NEED, but it is a nice bonus if you afford it.

btw, what is btdt?

ddmarsh
02-18-2004, 10:50 PM
I agree that it is not a necessity but something I appreciated when my children were sleeping and could be moved undisturbed.

BTDT = Been There Done That :)

caleymama
02-18-2004, 10:50 PM
been there done that :)

jamsmu
02-18-2004, 11:28 PM
thanks to Debbie and Liz!

sbjf
02-18-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm gonna...........skip it!

Great feedback all, thank you!