PDA

View Full Version : Where to find an reasonably priced archival photo album?

lmintzer
02-18-2004, 09:30 PM
My wonderful nanny just shared her wedding pictures with me. On a small budget, she planned a simply beautiful wedding (sadly, her parents were not able to come from their country of origin to be there with her). She was able to send pictures to them and put together an album for herself. However, the album she put the pictures in is one of those ones with the sticky pages with plastic covers. I am worried for her that the pictures won't last in there--that they'll yellow over time.

I know a lot of you on this board have significant photography experience and skills. I would love to purchase an archival quality album for her as a gift. As we've already done the year bonus and the holiday gift, it can't be something really expensive (would probably make her feel bad accepting it if it was).

Is it possible to find a reasonably priced archival album that holds both 5 X 7 and 8 X 10 prints?

Thanks for your assistance. I know if I found one for her, it would really make her day!

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Joshua, 11/16/03

todzwife
02-19-2004, 12:19 AM
I know that Hobby Lobby/ Michaels and similiar craft stores have some for reasonable prices. HTH

C99
02-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Check out some of the "scrapbooking" or journal albums from Kolo. You can find them at the Art Store in the Clybourn/North Ave area. The second two on this page sound like they would work well for her needs, and they aren't too expensive:
http://www.artstores.com/webcatalog/04winter/index.icl?orderidentifier=icat_orderid&pgdir=port

nwaddellr
02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
A good mail order source for storing photography stuff is Century Products (www.centuryphoto.com). I know they have archival quality storage pages and its relatively inexpensive.

lmintzer
02-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks! I'll check these out. : )

new_mommy25
02-24-2004, 05:04 AM
ACK!!! DO the sticky aulbums yellow over time???? Uh oh, looks like I have a lot of "re-aulbuming" to do.

MelissaTC
02-24-2004, 09:54 AM
There is acid in the glue and it will eat away at your photos. That is what turns it yellow. Think of a yellowing newspaper...