PDA

View Full Version : OT: Infertility consult went really well!

MelissaTC
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
We headed over to Duke today to get a second opinion and consultation. I can not say enough about the office! Totally professional, caring and very kind. We are thrilled.

The Dr. is one of the most attentive listeners I have ever met. He really listened to us and answered all of our questions. His responses were thoughtful and informative. He gave me more information than I ever received at all the visits I had at my previous RE's office. This Dr. thought that the other RE's opinion about IVF for us was totally unnecessary - something which we agreed with and had issues with the previous MD because of it.

When we left, Patrick was smiling ear to ear. He told me he was so happy. He told me this was the happiest he has been in weeks. :( Made me happy and sad. I guess that I never thought about how this all affected him. I have been so concerned about me that I forgot that this is a big deal for him too.

Anyway, I am headed to the hospital tomorrow for blood work and will begin this new journey. I am looking forward to sharing good news with all of you soon! :)

starrynight
02-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I hope to hear great news from you soon :). Lots of baby dust and good luck to you Melissa! I'm glad for you that you found a good doc that listened to you and was helpful.

Momof3Labs
02-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Like everything, all RE's are not created equal! So many just focus on their IVF success rates (weeding out "bad" risks and trying to rope in "good" risks). Hope that all goes well and Matthew is soon a big bro to be!

nathansmom
02-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Glad things went good at the re. Please keep us updated.

Imperia
02-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm so glad for you. The RE we used to help conceive DD was super, nice, gentle, knowledgable etc! It's too bad some RE's seem to think of it as a baby making factory sort of experience instead of helping create a miracle. Keep us posted.

Imperia

Kimberly H
02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Melissa, great news! I'm so glad you found an RE who listens to you.

DH goes to Duke for his eyes and we love it there. We've been happy with each Duke health care professional we've interacted with.

Best of luck and a bucket of baby dust!

Marisa6826
02-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Congrats Melissa.

I'm glad that you're so happy with your RE. I wish I could say the same!

Please PM or email me if you want a partner in your journey!

-m

MelissaTC
02-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Message sent.. :)

sweetbasil
02-19-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm so glad the visit was a great one for you two today, Melissa. We're looking forward to hearing your good news very soon, and hearing all about your fun pregnancy symptoms just as quickly ;)

Hugs,

houseof3boys
02-19-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm so glad that you find an RE that you like! It is really important that they are good listeners since this is such a tense journey (even with happy end results).

Keep us posted and remember that there are lots of "experts" here if you need us. :)

Marisa6826
02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
M-

Haven't gotten anything yet.

-m

MelissaTC
02-20-2004, 10:49 AM
BUMMER! I sent you one =(

Hmmm...send a message to me with your e-mail and let's see if we can get in touch off the boards then...

caleymama
02-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well at your appointment.

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Melissa,
I've been on the road all day and almost missed this exciting news!!!! Congrats-how wonderful!!!! I am so excited for you!!!
You have my number is you want to celebrate over the phone!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

csa12
02-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi Melissa!
So glad that your visit went well today. Liam and I are only a stone's throw away from Duke so let's get together the next time you are in the area.

Wishing you, Patrick, and Matthew a joyful journey ahead,
Cheryl