PDA

View Full Version : Elmo on Dr. Phil today......

brubeck
02-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Along with one of the newest Sesame Street muppets: 'Dr. Feel'. You can guess upon whom he is based!

Unfortunately the other new muppets (Joe Hundred Guy and TriangleBob Trianglepants) are not scheduled to appear as far as I know.

New season beings in a few weeks. Can I stand watching Baby Bear's new sister over and over until then? Eeek!

Karenn
02-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's tired of Baby Bear's new sister! Why is it that they pick THAT episode to air over and over again? There are so many other ones that are better!

cara1
02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
And do they only have 3 versions of Journey to Ernie? I keep seeing the same one over and over and over...

brubeck
02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
(a) You can buy it on DVD.

(b) There are 3 episodes on it so it seems like it's on 3 times as much.

But I'll be happy to stop seeing it! :)

mamahill
02-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Helen - what time and what channel? How silly is this - that I absolutely LOVE watching interviews with Elmo. My favorite is when they do the clothes and Elmo does soft-shoe in a kilt. Dh saw it the other day and just about cried he was laughing so hard.

And I can't stand Baby Bear's sister, but that's probably because I can't stand Baby Bear either. And is it just me, or does Big Bird seem like a total whiner?! Sometimes I just want to throttle him.

On the other hand, Ainsleigh just discovered Mr. Rogers and prefers him to Teletubbies (yay!) and I've got to say I am learning a LOT. LOL, Mr. Rogers was a genius! (except that I feel so deceived - how did I NOT know, all those years ago, that he did the voices for the puppets in the Land of Make Believe?! and the puppets look a little spooky now...)

egoldber
02-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Sarah has also recently discovered Mr Rogers (or Mr RaRa, as we call him...). She's not too keen on the whole Land of Make belive thing, but she loves the rest of it. And we have done a lot of the crafts that are on the show too.

We saw one where he went to the Vermont Teddy Bear company and they sewed bears. She LOVED that, and I told that if she wanted, she and mommy could make a bear. Her eyes about bugged out of her head when I said that, LOL! So we're going to go to the fabric store and find some fur/sherpa fleece and make a bear! :)

mamahill
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
OMG - you are the COOLEST mom. I hope Ainsleigh doesn't know she has a creatively-challenged mother. When I read the first part of the bear part, I thought, "Oh, Beth's so nice - she's going to take Sarah to buy a bear." Oh no - you're not buying a bear, you're MAKING the bear. Next you're going to tell me that you're going to pick the cotton with her as a lesson for Black History Month and what the slaves had to go through...

repeat to self: iamagoodmominmyownway.iamagoodmominmyownway.

egoldber
02-20-2004, 05:17 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!! You should make a note to self though that the bear episode was on 2 weeks ago and we have YET to make it to the fabric store. :)

deborah_r
02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Off topic, but a similar peeve, every time I turn on Dora the Explorer it's "A Special Day for Boots" It's almost the only Dora I've ever seen...

KMommie
02-20-2004, 05:51 PM
To take you more off topic....WHY DOES DORA SHOUT EVERYTHING???! Maybe it's just our tv... :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

starrynight
02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I am sick of baby bear's new sister also because I cannot STAND baby bear's voice!!! It drives me up the wall LOL. Otherwise it's not a horrible episode.

Dora drives me nuts also because not only does she shout she repeats everything 3 or 4 times. "Where are we going" blah blah blah. Daria loves Dora though, and we caved and got her a Dora tricycle for her birthday since it was so darn cute.

I missed Dr. Feel though, probably a good thing, since I am not a Dr. Phil fan.

amp
02-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Man, I've only just recently started to turn it to Sesame Street and I kid you not...I have now seen the episode with Ernie and Everyone else in the bath singing "Do the Rubber Duck", Elmo taking an elephant shower, The letter J, JUMP, and Elmo talking about farms. Is there even another episode out there?!

ETA: Jake was going nuts watching Dr. Feel, Elmo and Big Bird on Dr. Phil. He was standing braced against the TV, yelling with pleasure! It was so cute!

brubeck
02-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Sarah it's 8pm on KRON4. I only noticed this because I tuned in for the 9 o'clock news early last night and saw the nexties!

brubeck
02-20-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't know about your PBS station but ours does actually run the entire season's worth of episodes in a row. So if you decide to start the week SS watching and it's the first of the 3 Baby Bear episodes you're stuck! But then the fourth one after that is the karaoke episode (the season opener). I love that one! Of course I'm a sucker for the SS music since I remember a lot of it from my childhood. I have the 35th anniversary box set in my car!

Anyhow for more info on the NEW season check this out:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/011304.shtml

Oh and on that Do De Rubber Duck thing.... have you noticed that EVERYONE in that bathtub is male (as is probably appropriate since they are bathing) EXCEPT the cow? I know, I'm weird to think of these things.

cara1
02-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Beth, I assumed you were going to the Build-a-Bear store. OMG, you're going to MAKE a bear? I agree with Sarah, you are the coolest Mom!

egoldber
02-20-2004, 09:28 PM
LOL! You guys are hyterical. :) If you can sew at all, a bear is super duper easy:

http://www.kwiksew.com/Cold_Fusion/catalog/Frame_New.cfm

stillplayswithbarbies
02-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Beth, go buy a Build A Bear kit at Kay Bee Toys. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
02-21-2004, 10:58 AM
But I don't want a kit. :) I want to make my own.

stillplayswithbarbies
02-21-2004, 01:44 PM
yeah but if you go buy a kit, you'll make the rest of us feel better LOL

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03