PDA

View Full Version : HELP...HOWdoYOUputAspacebarBACKonAkeyboard???

SASM
02-20-2004, 03:53 PM
IANsomehowTOOKtheSPACEBARoffMYborrowedLAPTOP:(NOWi CANNOTfigureOUThowTOgetTHE$%#!@$#THINGbackON!!!:(I amQUITEcertainTHATmyFATHERwillLAUGHaboutTHEsituati onBUTiAMnot.IcannotBELIEVEhowEFFORTLESSLYheDIDit,T OO.SORRYaboutTHEheadache:(UGGHHHHH!!!TIA.

sntm
02-20-2004, 04:15 PM
ROTFLMAO! sorry but that is funny! good luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

SASM
02-20-2004, 04:21 PM
HEY...IwasHOPINGforSOMEadviceTHERE,shannon!!!:)iAM returningTHEcomputerTONIGHTandIreallyWOULDloveTOgi veHIMaCOMPLETELYintactLAPTOP:(IamSTILLblownAWAYatH OWquickANDeffortlessITwasFORianTOtakeTHEthingOFF:( MAYBEheCANputITbackON!!!

lizajane
02-20-2004, 04:26 PM
i wish i could help. but it is really funny. sorry. it just looks like a bad email forward joke or something! i am sorry i am laughing! i can't help myself!

can you call someone like dell support? or whatever brand it is?

bluej
02-20-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm so sorry, really I am, but I'm another one laughing :D

SASM
02-20-2004, 04:32 PM
YOUgirlsAREcrackingMEup!!:)LIZAJANE,thanksFORtheID EA.IamHOPINGthatTHEsupport#issomewhereINthisCOMPUT ER.thankYOu!

caheinz
02-20-2004, 04:45 PM
It should just snap on... try lining it up where it looks like it should go and press.

They _usually_ snap on and off, for (theoretically) easy cleaning or replacement. Haven't ever taken a single key off of a laptop, though, and I'm not willing to experiment, sorry! The fact that it came off easy suggests it's probably okay coming off, though.

Nice temporary solution, though! I'm surprised at how readable it is!

Cheryl
EDD#1:3/24/04

NancyJ_redo
02-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I am right there with you Sharyn, but for me it's the shift key on the left side of the computer. One night I was trying to finish up some work and had DS in my lap. With one swoop of the hand he instantly pulled off three keys. I got the space bar and some other key back on right away, but I CANNOT get this damn shift key back on to save my life - I've tried everything. I'm on my computer for work all day every day, so it makes things really hard not to have a shift key on the left side of the keyboard. Ugh!!

khakismom
02-20-2004, 05:54 PM
I am too. :) I can't help it. First, the way the typing appears and second at the image of little Ian ripping off the spacebar and running away with it has me ROTF! :) I hope you get it fixed soon Sharyn!

flagger
02-20-2004, 06:16 PM
(; ?esrever ni raeppa stsop ym fo lla ekam ot did aocoC tahw em llet nac uoy ebyam, tuo derugif ti teg uoy nehW

Marisa6826
02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
P: retsiM sdnah rouy no emit hcum oot yyyyyyyyyaw tog ev'ouY

m-

flagger
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
.-- .... .- - / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / . -..- .--. . -.-. - / -- . / - --- / ..- -. .--. .- -.-. -.- ..--.. / .. - / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / .-- --- .-. ... . --..-- / ... .... . / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / .... .. - / - .... . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -... ..- - - --- -. / ..- .... / --- ....

Marisa6826
02-20-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm crazy, but not crazy enough to call my FIL to break the Morse. ;)

-m

lizajane
02-20-2004, 08:17 PM
!ylsuoires

pritchettzoo
02-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh my goodness. I am dying laughing. DH had to come in here because he thought I was crying!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

mharling
02-21-2004, 01:45 AM
I am so sorry to be laughing at your expense. Please tell us we're laughing WITH you! :P

Any luck getting it back on?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2303.jpg Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

SASM
02-21-2004, 01:29 PM
YEAH!!! My Dad will be getting a WHOLE keyboard :) DH came back from clinical and popped it in without a problem. I had the right idea but I guess I was being too ginger :) Thanks you for the laughs everyone :) YOU ALL had ME ROTFLMAO!!! Another vote for Flagger having WAYYYYY too much time on his hands :)

For future reference, it was the little white thingy in the middle that is the trick. Lift it up and pop the little bar in there :) HTH!!

Thanks, again, everyone.