PDA

View Full Version : Monday on Dr. Phil: "Parenting gone bad"

jubilee
02-21-2004, 05:36 PM
He's talking about discipline vs. abuse, when parents cross the line, etc. Should be interesting!

sntm
02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
i don't think i can watch! i was talking with my mom on the phone when the commercial came on and when that mother grabbed the spatula, i got so upset i couldn't speak! how awful!! :(
thank G** he seems to be reading her the riot act over that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Torey
02-21-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm sure he will be reading a lot of riot acts as Dr. Phil is completely against spanking. I know some people don't like Dr. Phil but I think his theories on no spanking are worth listening too. I definitely plan on NO spanking for my kids. Fortunately, I have a DD for the first one so that should be an easy vow to follow, we'll see once we have a boy. :)

starrynight
02-21-2004, 09:12 PM
I am not trying to start trouble but why do people always think boys are so horrible? Yeah Alex is much louder and at times more rowdy than the girls but he is also older etc. And at 2 he was 3 times better than Daria is now at 2 (but he was worse at 3 hopefully she will calm down by then). I think if you decide to spank you do it for all your kids and if you decide not to spank you should be able to reguardless of gender.

I can't watch shows like that because it reminds me of my neighbors :(. I am the one parent on the block that doesn't spank. They all talk about how you have to blah blah. I keep my mouth shut for the most part when they talk about spanking. I have mentioned before it's not something we do and I get the 'oh she has 6 heads' look. :(