PDA

View Full Version : Going thru old posts... there is hope yet!!

papal
02-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I just did a search in the Lounge for all topics that had the word 'sleep' in the subject (i am in search for the post where somebody discovered the miracle solution that made their baby sleep thru the night.... ok, i know it does not exist but i have a whole sunday afternoon to do 'research').
Annnnnyway.... i came across the posts where Rachel(rachels) , Joanne(jojo2324), Lisa(nigele), Melanie,Toni(kathsmom), Nicole(twins_r_fun) were talking about sleep issues and reflux in their babies.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=2324&mode=full

It was soooo encouraging to see that you experienced moms went thru the same stuff i am going thru. AND you got thru it and your babies are thriving and you are sleeping!
Just made me incredibly happy.
It is really interesting to go back and read old posts.... so off i go again.

doubleL
02-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Rashmi and other sleep-deprived mamas,

This post about trying to find the miracle sleep solution reminded me of an email I got from a friend before DD was born. DD ended up being a great sleeper (sorry!!) so I never tried it, but I would love it if you guys tried it and let me know what you think. As my friend said sleep-deprived mamas will try anything. Have fun with one disclaimer... I know nothing about the side effects of lettuce so do this at your own risk or consult a doc :)

"Take regular lettuce and in a pot of hot water let four or five leaves sit for about three minutes, then use that water for her bath but no soap or shampoo. Let her soak with the lettuce leaves and she will sleep for hours! I asked my doctor about this and he said that it is perfectly safe that lettuce has relaxing qualities. Trust me it works! We did it for three nights and got her into a long sleep routine at night."

Hope you all get some sleep!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

redhookmom
02-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Do you think mixed field greens will work?

s_gosney
02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Rashmi-
I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone with still going through multiple night wakings. But, somehow it is strangely satisfying to see that others have been there in the past too. I don't know if you are just wanting Leela to sleep longer (I guess we all want that for our babies) or if you're bothered by what your ped said, but I just wanted to let you know that Kylee still wakes up a lot. It's so hard not to be discouraged when other people comment about their baby's marvelous sleeping, but I've decided to do my best just not to worry about it. How long babies sleep has nothing to do with how good of parents we are, ya know? You're doing a great job! That said though, if you do stumble across the miracle solution, you better let me in on the secret! :)