PDA

View Full Version : Wish us luck - off to the Ped Urologist tomorrow...

lukkykatt
02-23-2004, 12:02 AM
We're taking my older son to the ped urologist tomorrow - he has been having pain while peeing. His ped examined him and said that maybe his urethra is bent, or the opening in his penis is too small and will have to be WIDENED. Of course, when I told DH this he said "I'll schedule the appt. so I can go too!" I guess he thought who knows what I would do if left to my own devices on matters of male anatomy :)

I'm getting nervous, but at least hopefully we will have an answer tomorrow. I just hope it is something simple...

Rachels
02-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Oh, YIKES. I hope so, too. Thinking of you...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
02-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Good luck!! I would want my DH there with me too...I'd be afraid I'd mess up or something! :) Let us know how everything goes.

bluej
02-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Good luck! My nephew's uretha was closing when he was three, so he had to have a procedure to open it. This of course all happened days before I had scheduled to take my little sister, niece and nephew for a week to stay w/ DH and myself. He had the procedure on a Friday and I took him home w/ me on Sunday. I spent five days inserting a neosporin tip into his opening three times a day to keep it from crusting over :( It wasn't horribly bad, but it did break my heart when his little voice said 'I hold it for you' referring to his penis. I know, I can't believe my sis sent her baby off w/ me after he had this done. She said it's b/c he had been looking forward to staying w/ us and she didn't want to take that away from him. I know the truth, she didn't want to have to deal w/ his penis.

I hope all goes well!

lukkykatt
02-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Well, he has to have surgery :( Right now we have it scheduled for next week, but we might have to change that, depending on what his ped says (he has a croupy cough).

His opening in his penis is too small. Like bluej said, after the surgery we will have to put something into the opening a few times a day to keep it from closing back up.

I started crying in the billing office at the hospital. I know in the scheme of things it is not a huge deal, but I can't believe my 4 yo has to go through this.

McQ
02-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Oh Andrea I'm so sorry he has to go through this too. You too for that matter. I'm sure he'll be a trooper. Will be thinking of you.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Marisa6826
02-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Oh Andrea. I'm sorry.

Is this day surgery? What kind of anesthesia?

-m

sweetbasil
02-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Andrea,
I'm so sorry your little guy has to go through this! It's only the second time I've heard of it happening...my massage therapist told me one time that this happened to her son 20 years ago, the ped diagnosed, and snipped it right there in the office, with no anesthesia. Ugh.

All that to say (esp. after our hernia surgery last week) that while I'm terribly sorry you all are going to have to go through this, I'm so glad this is happening to your little guy in this decade, when medical technology, treatment, etc. is so much more advanced.

I'll be praying for you and your son...let us know how it goes!

{{{Big Hugs}}}

momathome
02-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Andrea-
I am so sorry to hear that your little boy is going through all of this. HUGS to you and I will cross my fingers that everything works out okay. Take care!
-Lauren

bluej
02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry he has to go through this. If it's any comfort, it really didn't phase my nephew at all (except for the few seconds each day we had to clean it and open it, but he handled that like a champ) and he has no memory of it at all eleven years later. I know it's upsetting anytime something surgical has to be done. I'll be thinking of your little guy and let us know when he has his surgery.

amp
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Fingers crossed and saying a little prayer that everything goes well for you tomorrow! Best of luck!

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Andrea,
Our thoughts are with you...you know where to reach me if you need to talk!!! It's cute how DH has to clear his schedule for the Dr's appt that has to do with the penis...such a male :)...

Keep us posted...
Hugs,

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mamahill
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Hugs to you and the little guy. My heart goes out to you - good luck, and let us know how it goes.