PDA

View Full Version : carseat on ebay?

lizajane
02-23-2004, 12:45 PM
would you buy a "like new condition" carseat on ebay? has anyone bought a used carseat on ebay? the seller has a LOT of positive feedback, and it is the exact one i want. (looking for a 2nd seat for DS that will become the seat for #2) she said it was used for a few months. and with a different cover. so i know to ask if it has been in an accident, but anything else to be wary of?

thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I bought a used one on eBay, because I wanted an extra base for my FP SIV and they don't make them anymore.

But then I got too nervous to use it, so I never did. It looked clean and hardly used, but how can I trust someone I don't know to tell the truth about whether it has been in an accident or not? In the end I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kristine_elen
02-23-2004, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't. You just never know if the person's being honest about whether it's been in an accident, etc. This isn't something I'd want to take a chance on. (Pajamas and cameras on eBay -- now that I'm up for.)

Momof3Labs
02-23-2004, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't take the chance on something so critical to my child's safety. But if you decide that you want it, here is a used car seat checklist:

http://www.cpsafety.org/articles/usedseat.aspx