PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY THREAD!!! - What funny or new thing did your child do this week?

deborah_r
02-23-2004, 01:50 PM
We took Kai to El Torito (may be a local chain, not sure) which has actually much improved since last time we went...and it was his 9 month birthday, which is kind of why we went. And we had this awesome waiter who brought him a yellow balloon, and he LOVED the balloon. He was entertaining everyone in our section, yanking on the ribbon and making the balloon go up and down and squealing! There was also a guy making balloon animals and he made one for Kai, but Kai much preferred the simple yellow balloon. Who thought a balloon could be so much fun???

The other thing he's doing is when he crawls (still military style) around and gets into trouble, when he knows we are coming to get him he speeds up and laughs!!

JElaineB
02-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Cute! I bought Jacob some stacking cups this weekend (he's been deprived until now!) and when I gave them to him, he took one, tilted his head back and pretended to drink out of it and said "Mmmmmmmm....". Then he proceeded to "feed mommy" some of his drink too! It's really fun that's he's starting to get into "pretending"!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

MelissaTC
02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
The Today show was on this morning and Tiki Barber (swoon) from the NY Giants was on. I love saying "Tiki"...don't ask why! DH has a Tiki Barber jersey he wears whenever the Giants play AND we can actually watch it here in NC. Anyway, I squealed "Tiki" only to be echoed by my little sidekick. He too squealed "Tiki". Actually he said "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki"...lol. It was too funny!

deborah_r
02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
You'd love living in my house then - my cat is named "Tiki". So I get to say it a lot ---- like "Tiki, shut up" (he's a LOUD meow-er), "Tiki, get out of my way", "Kai, don't pull Tiki's fur out and eat it".... It was originally supposed to be Tiko, but it just evolved into Tiki over time.

McQ
02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Fun! Here it's going berserk over the mail and spreading it all around on the hardwood floor. Then sliding it over to the stairs and shoving it under the gate to watch it fall down the stairs. He squeals with delight. I don't have the heart to stop him. It's too cute.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Marisa6826
02-23-2004, 02:36 PM
One of my dogs is Tickie!

She was originally called Tickle Bug (don't ask - she's originally from Texas and came with the name).

I couldn't bring myself to call her by that name, so it's become Tickie!

-m

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
I love these threads!!!
I'd have to say it was a few days ago...we have a HUGE wicker "laundry basket" filled with blocks, old and new, ugly and pretty...

Well I look up the other day and Tristan was sitting IN the box of blocks like a little prince. I had to grab the camera and get a picture for daddy...it was so cute!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

stillplayswithbarbies
02-23-2004, 03:00 PM
she brushed her hair. Friday morning she woke up and found a hairbrush on the head of my bed. We were just laying around playing before we got up, so I brushed her hair and said "awww you're sooo pretty". Saturday morning, she remembered and so she got the hairbrush and handed it to me. I brushed her hair and said "awww you're so pretty" and she said "awww" with me. Everytime I put the brush down, she picked it up and handed it to me again.

Sunday morning, she picked up the brush, brushed her own hair, and said "awwww"

I LOVE love LOVE having a daughter!

(of course I love having a son just as much, but he never brushed his hair. Still doesn't. LOL)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

sntm
02-23-2004, 03:34 PM
kind of funny, kind of sad --
We got our new kitty Saturday. He's fitting in great, doesn't even mind the not-so-gentle petting from his littlest owner.

But he is a meower -- particularly when we are in the kitchen (his old owners must have spoiled him with people food.)

Apparently his high-pitched meowing must sound an awful lot like crying, because my empathetic son will first look terribly concerned, then start to respond with an worried "hhmmmph" and then will crinkle up his face and cry.
:(
Smart cat -- I gave him treats this morning to shut him up so my baby wouldn't be upset!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

bluej
02-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Ryden has started initiating hugs. Big hugs, then he leans back to look at me, smiles and gives another big hug and then crawls away to play. He also started very briefly standing on his own this week. I'm SO not ready for that!

amp
02-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Isn't it fun that they seem to do something cute or learn something new all the time?! :D

This week Jake started smacking his lips when he eats, started clucking his tongue in his mouth while he wanders around the house and started bouncing up and down and around while he's pulled up standing by furniture. And he has a great big grin on his face when he does it! He also has started to protest, loudly, when girls/waitresses, etc walk past him and don't pay him any attention. He has done this before, but it got pretty funny this week when he kept doing it!

KMommie
02-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Every time we come home, our cat always runs down to greet us. DH and I always say, "Holly Bear!" Today, I brought Kiki home from the ped, and Holly was waiting for us on the stairs and Kiki said, "Ha Ba". Of course, ONLY her MOM would recognize this as Holly Bear! But still, it's amazing to see her make the connection between names and people, places, things. :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

doubleL
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
DS found his shadow. He tried sooooooooo hard to jump in the middle of it. Then he figured out it followed him when he ran. So now when he sees it he says, "Muck, ad-ow" which means "Come on, shadow." And they are off! His new best friend... too cute.

I overhead DH making DD belly laugh and vice versa. I have no idea what they were doing because I didn't want her to see me. No matter how boring I am, she still prefers me right now :( Anyway, just listening made my heart melt.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

billysmommy
02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Billy's new thing is big wet open-mouth kisses :) He was playing in the living room and I was folding laundry next to him. He stopped playing. crawled over, climbed up me and stuck his wide open mouth on my cheek and said mmmmaah, then he did the same thing to my chin and got down and went back to playing. It was the sweetest thing and totally made my day :)

mamahill
02-23-2004, 06:25 PM
DH was reading books with Ainsleigh, who has begun to drool a ton more. She knows how to stop it, but I think she just can't control massive amounts (2-year molars, perhaps?). Anyway, DH very frustrated said, "Stop drooling. How old are you, anyway?" Ainsleigh kind of squints her eyes, holds up one finger, and very slowly says, "ONE," like "duh!"

On Saturday DH took Ainsleigh to the park and he thought it would be funny to show Ainsleigh the monkey bars, so he went across, hand over hand, then looked down at Ainsleigh where she had a huge grin on her face and began scratching her armpits and kind of squatting/walking while making monkey noises. The funny thing was that Dh hadn't even used the word "monkey" she just recognized it.

Ah, the monkeys that are my family...

mamahill
02-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Ainsleigh now likes to brush my hair, and will do so for upwards of 10 minutes. Then she'll walk around to face me and say very seriously, "Awww, so pitty mommy!" It just makes me want to cry/laugh at the same time. She also LOVES having her hair brushed, and as soon as she is dressed in the morning, she makes a beeline for the bathroom so we can have hair time. These are the important things!

C99
02-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Nathaniel loves balloons, too. We always ask for one at the check-out line at Trader Joe's, but it's hard for him to wait that long to get one sometimes. He gets sooo excited when he sees the balloons at the check-stand and the various places they have them throughout the store. Balloon was even his first word. I love that it's the simple things that amuse him the most. :)

Anyway, this week, Nate has started really, really walking. As in, he's walking most of the time and he's aware that he's doing it. And with the walking, comes the talking. It's gibberish, but it's the same gibberish over and over, so even if I have no idea what he's saying, he's saying something!

I'm so loving my kiddo these days. He's turning into such a little *person*.

houseof3boys
02-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Now that Ryan is crawling all over the place, he finds himself trying to sit up when something catches his eye. He will sit himself up by backing into the seated position and half the times he is doing a split. I need to just walk around with the camera because he is really in an almost perfect split....for a boy!! Ouch. :P

barbarhow
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Today when I picked Jack up at daycare he was hanging out with one of the little girls-Sarah the daycare worker said to her-Abbie-give Jack a hug. She walked over to Jack and the two of them kissed and hugged. It was the cutest thing.
Tonight he pulled himself up on the coffee table for the first time-then stood there on his tippie toes trying to get to the remote. He's definately a boy.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

stillplayswithbarbies
02-23-2004, 11:42 PM
when Jake was a toddler, we were at the mall sitting on a bench. A little girl about the same age came walking by with her parents, and Jake smiled and watched her walk by. Her dad said "say hello to the little boy" and she walked over and kissed him on the forehead! It was so cute, he was just flabbergasted by the whole event. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jubilee
02-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Logan went to his first Gymboree play class. He was pretty overwhelmed by the new adventure, but I think it will be good for him to be around other babies and adults. Anyway, at the end of class a little girl (less than 12 months old) came up and gave Logan a big wet kiss. It scared him to death! He went hysterical. All the adults laughed their heads off, it was so funny. So he's already had his first "girlfriend" kiss

brigmaman
02-24-2004, 08:49 AM
What a great way to start the morning...I'm just picturing all your little babes doing these cute little things!
This week Brig has learned how to pretend he's asleep. He puts his head down and does that cartoon snore..."shooo...shooo..."