PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Child Have a Pet Peeve?

August Mom
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
I thought it would be fun to share our kids' quirks.

DS cannot stand to have his sleeves pushed up, even a little bit. If you push them up, he expresses his disapproval and promptly pulls them down. LOL

momathome
02-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Liza flips out if she has to use a potty with a sensor to make it flush automatically. She had a bad experience when she was first potty trained and now at the age of 6 still cannot stand to use a potty that flushes automatically. Kasey does not want to be called anything other than Kasey - no nicknames, not her full name, NOTHING but Kasey and she has a little hissy fit if you try.
-Lauren

McQ
02-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Hands down it's wiping his nose.

Although the other morning I put a hat on him and he promptly pulled it off. So I put it back on him and off it came again. A third time it went on, and this time he pulled it off and gave me a wail.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

caleymama
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
She's full of them ... lately it's been the fuzz between her toes. At every opportunity she has to find the fuzz and then asks for help to get it out. She looks between all of her toes for any speck of fuzz. It's so funny.

She also dislikes messes or things that are out of place. "Crumbs, crumbs!" or "Mess, Mess!" are uttered frequently if I am not quick enough on the clean up. Another example is if I finish a call on the cordless phone but remain seated where I am she will come to me and take the phone over to the end table where it goes. The instant DH walks in the door from work (she used to just say "Daddy!!" and go running to the door) she takes his travel mug and puts it in the sink, has him hold her up so she can hang up his keys, and puts his hat and gloves in the basket. Only after all that will she give him a proper greeting. She runs a tight ship around here!

momma_boo
02-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Sarah also HATES to have her nose wiped. Of course, she's been sick off and on all month, so it's been weeks of us wiping her nose. She throws such a fit. She starts screaming and crying. Once, she laid down on the floor face down crying b/c I dared to wipe her nose. Needless to say, we have learned to do it only when absolutely necessary (meaning, when she starts licking her upper lip, sorry about the TMI. but we are all parents here, LOL!). This sometimes drives other people nuts. We tell them to do it at their own risk. One time SIL kept trying to wipe her nose b/c it drove HER nuts to see the snot and kept upsetting her. We finally kindly asked her to leave her alone.

Rachels
02-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Abigail HATES to have anything touching her feet when she's tired. We have to take off socks, shoes, slippers, etc. and footed pajamas are just out of the question. When she's nursing before bed with her lovey blanket, if it accidentally covers her foot, she lets go and cries, "Foot stuck! Blanket stuck!"

I have no idea why she does this. It's the weirdest thing.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MelissaTC
02-24-2004, 11:05 PM
My DS hates to have socks on. I put him into the crib for a nap and when he awoke, there were no socks. I searched the crib and found nothing. Well, I moved the crib away from the wall to find like 8 pairs of socks!! There is a whole collection back there!

At least it explains where his socks have gone...