PDA

View Full Version : Child Craft Legacy Crib Recall - Cross Post from Nursery Necessities

August Mom
02-24-2004, 06:38 PM
FYI, below is a copy of an e-mail that I received from the CPSC announcing the recall of Child Craft Legacy Cribs.

For Immediate Release Firm's Hotline: (888) 844-2674
February 24, 2004 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
Release # 04-087 CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

CPSC, Child Craft Industries Announce Recall of Cribs

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
cooperation with the manufacturers named below, today announced
voluntary recalls of the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.)

Name of product: Legacy Cribs
Units: 3,500
Manufacturer/Importer: Child Craft Industries, of Salem, Ind.
Hazard: The slats on the drop side rail can loosen and detach. When this happens, the space created by the gaps can allow a baby to become entangled, strangle or fall.
Incidents/Injuries: There have been 12 reports of the slats on the drop side rail completely detaching. No injuries have been reported.
Description: The recalled Legacy cribs include model numbers 16741,
21021, 23111 and 28721. The model numbers are printed on the bottom railof the head or foot board. The full-size cribs were made from ash and maple woods, and sold in a variety of colors. All carry the Legacy Brand label.
Sold at: Juvenile furniture stores nationwide from March 2002 through January 2004 for between $399 and $549.
Manufactured in: China between March 2002 and March 2003.
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the cribs and contact Child Craft to receive a replacement drop side rail.
Consumer Contact: Call Child Craft toll-free at (888) 844-2674 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET or visit the firm's Web site at
www.childcraftindustries.com.

To view this press release online, use the following link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml04/04087.html

deborah_r
02-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I wish this was my ChildCraft model, so maybe I could get a new one. I hate our ChildCraft crib! The dropside is really loose and doesn't stay up all the way, it kind of slides down on one side. I think it is from moving it around, but hey, it has wheels, I would think it is meant to be moved. Wish I had bought one of those fancy pricey cribs!

August Mom
02-24-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't know what would happen, but you may want to report your concern to Child Craft. If it sounds like a similar issue to this one, they may want to take care of it for you anyway. Just a thought.

deborah_r
02-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes, I've been thinking about contacting them. I keep thinking we can somehow tighten it up, but we have tried. It just seems rickety to me.