PDA

View Full Version : Just when I was at the end of my rope....

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
02-25-2004, 01:52 PM
DS, after successfully sleeping through the night at 6 months, suddenly decided to wake up 2-3x per night for the past month. Well, last night, for the first time in 4 weeks, he slept the whole way through - 11.5 hours! Just when I was about ready to start some sleep training.

We'll see how tonight goes - but this is some cheery news for all of those other sleep deprived moms....your time is coming too!

--Jennifer

barbarhow
02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Isn't it funny how they know when we are reaching the breaking point? So glad you all got a good nights sleep last night. Hopefully it will now be your norm.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

JenCA
02-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Oh, that's so great. Congrats! I really, really hope our turn is next. DD started sleeping through the night (10+ hours) at ten weeks, but then started waking up at least once (usually 2-3 times) during the night at around 4.5 months. It was torture to go from mommy and daddy getting 7-8 solid hours of sleep per night to mommy and daddy getting maybe 2-3 solid hours before the nighttime waking frenzy started. Last night, DD only woke up once (went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 4:30 am), but I just popped the paci in her mouth and she fell back to sleep. She then slept until 6:30am. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she starts sleeping through the night again sometime soon...we are sooo tired and our immune systems are shot from lack of sleep.