PDA

View Full Version : If you support Gay Marriage - for information only

Melanie
02-26-2004, 02:39 AM
If you don't support it, click on to the next topic, as that's been done on this board already.

If you do support it, here is a petition:
http://www.hrc.org/millionformarriage/index.shtml

Here is the FAQ behind it:
http://www.hrc.org/millionformarriage/faq.shtml

Please keep this bumped for a few days.

brigmaman
02-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Melanie, I pm'd you!

flagger
02-26-2004, 09:51 AM
>>>If you don't support it, click on to the next topic, as that's been done on this board already.<<<

What kind of statement is this? Stay out of topics that you disagree with? Should someone be able to post a link in this thread for a petition to not support this or should they just start their own post?

This is obviously a very hot button issue in this forum on BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE, so much so that I just discovered the thread about it where I had posted had gone poof. I wonder the motivation behind this thread.

Rachels
02-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I think Melanie just meant that she didn't intend for this thread to become a gay marriage debate.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

flagger
02-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok but in all fairness should anyone post something and not expect someone to respond? Be it in the negative or positive. I just read it like "move on to the next thread and don't bother responding if you are against this."

momathome
02-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Thank you, Melanie! I signed the petition and I hope that others will, too.
-Lauren

aliceinwonderland
02-26-2004, 11:22 AM
already signed and sent to friends and family. Thanks :)

mharling
02-26-2004, 12:46 PM
> Ok but in all fairness should anyone post something and not expect someone to respond?

Yes! Which is exactly why she said 'for information only'.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

Melanie
02-26-2004, 03:46 PM
>Ok but in all fairness should anyone post something and not
>expect someone to respond? Be it in the negative or positive.
>I just read it like "move on to the next thread and don't
>bother responding if you are against this."

Yep, I expect everyone to put on their best mature hats. There already was a debate thread. It's been done. This is to pass along information to those who are interested. That's all.

Melanie
02-26-2004, 03:49 PM
>What kind of statement is this? Stay out of topics that you
>disagree with? Should someone be able to post a link in this
>thread for a petition to not support this or should they just
>start their own post?

Sure, you've got a petition that you support, why not start your own thread, just don't reference mine please.

>This is obviously a very hot button issue in this forum on
>BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE, so much so that I just discovered the
>thread about it where I had posted had gone poof. I wonder the
>motivation behind this thread.

The motivation is to share that this petition exists for those who wish to sign it.

lizajane
02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
i signed and then emailed the link to everyone in my address book that i thought would sign it. (yes, i can be friends with people who disagree with me!) the first person to reply was my "married" gay friend, who said how much he and his husband appreciated my support on the issue. made me happy to be his friend, but sad that he and his husband aren't allowed to officially be married. :(