PDA

View Full Version : O/T Nailpolish stained fingernails

SeanaRain
02-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Okay....it seems that no matter what I do or what color I wear, my nailpolish stains my fingernails. And it looks awful when I take it off, so I paint them again and the whole silly cycle continues.

Anyone have any tips to un-stain my fingernails???

TIA!

Zansu
02-26-2004, 07:19 PM
If you want to un-stain them, try soaking in lemon juice or diluted bleach for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and moisturize like crazy!

If you want to keep them from staining, get a good base coat, like OPI, and use several coats before you apply the color.

Another thought: are you sure the discoloration is caused by nail polish? I've always had vertical stripes on my nails (nail bed to nail tip), but they became significantly darker when I was pregnant with DS, and now that I'm preggo again, a few of my nails look as if I've dipped them in ink.

HTH

Karenn
02-26-2004, 11:58 PM
A good base coat did the trick for me. I was never able to get rid of the stain but I started wearing a basecoat and let the stain grow out.

Good luck!

SeanaRain
02-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Ladies, thanks for the helpful hints. I've tried basecoats before, but maybe they just weren't good enough. :( I'll see if I can pick up the OPI at some point soon.

Suzanne: The discoloration is a decided pinky/red color, so I am thinking it is the nailpolish. :) That was a good idea, though. I'd never heard of fingernails changing like when pregnant.

deenass
02-27-2004, 08:44 PM
I am a nailpolish ADDICT ... I find that I have the most staining when wearing reds and the best way to combat it is to take the polish off before I shower. The staining always seems less after the shower.