PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS- A BBB HUBBY/FATHER IS COMING HOME FROM IRAQ

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Edited to add:
The original subject line just said "HELENE ISMOMMY..." :)

Girlfriend, do you have some info that we all would love for you to share!!!!!

I just saw a little tiny mention of it in a thread on shoes...and such info is WAY to huge to be hidden down in the bottom of a thread...

And please if you see this don't hide it here in my thread...sing it from the rooftops and give that info it's own thread...We all love such stories!!!!
HUGE NEWS!!!!!
Please share...and details after too...(well you can take some time) :)...

EDITED SUBJECT LINE BECAUSE OUR DEAR HELENE SAID TO ME VIA EMAIL SHE WAS TOO "SHY" TO START A NEW THREAD WITH THIS AWESOME NEWS!!!!

So I'm sorry to be the one writing it, I know everyone would much rather hear it from her...but too big of news not to have plastered in a thread all to itself!!!!

We are so happy for you Helene!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

ismommy
02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Okay Neve, you just brought tears to my eyes! You are so sweet to pick up on the fact that DH is coming home on sunday. Bella and I are thrilled - it has been way too long - though I know military wives do much longer and I give them tons of credit.
I am so bad I am obsessing over what she will wear and will be riving all over to get the pink chucks because he thought they sounded so cool.
I have been meaning to post this for some time - how much this community has meant on this trip. You guys helped me through the car accident and it was such fun to get your responses when DH got the NY times cover( he got the LA times cover too but I didn't know that until recently - so if anyone has the LA Times from the 15th I would love a copy for Bella's scrapbook)
Anyway thanks guys - you have helped me through many insomniac nights while DH was away and made me feel less alone.

ps I can't wait to see Tristan frog cake. I have a thing for frogs

brigmaman
02-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I noticed that too, but didn't know how private it was! Glad to hear your family is going to be reunited! Have fun on Sunday!

ismommy
02-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Not private at all. MY DH is a photojournalist for the Army Time publishing. If you go to www.armytimes.com - and look at frontline photos you can see some of his work. He also has a website if anyone wants to look let me know and I will email the address off the boards since it has our last name and pix of bella.I am extremely proud of what he does. A lot of the 101st wives use his website as a message board. He keeps in touch with alot of the families of the soldiers he has been with which I love since I know how hard it is not to hear news.
Anyway since the war has started he has spent 6 months in Iraq this last trip was very close to the one before. he was with the 101st and the 82nd in Falujah. This trip has been very nerve racking for me since Falujah has been a hot spot.
We had started a kitchen renovation before he left on this trip so Bella and I have been microwaving and using the toaster oven for our meals. Thank god for Annies microwavable mac and cheese. Bella's favorite food.
So Dh gets back on sunday. Bella isnsits they are going to Chucke Cheese on Monday. On tuesday our cabinets and appliances arrive and he gets to put my kitchen back togther.
Poor guy. we are barely going to let him rest. In reality I am just counting the minutes until he is home and don't care when the kitchen gets done:)

etwahl
02-26-2004, 10:04 PM
helene, congratulations! i definitely know what it's like and am SOOOO thrilled for you. i hope you have a wonderful reunion :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

bluej
02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Congratulations Helene! I'm sure you will have a GREAT weekend! Tell your hubby how proud us BBBer's are of him!

mharling
02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Helene -
Hooray for you and Isabella!!! Wishing you a wonderful reunion. We'll understand if we don't see you here for a little while. ;)

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

nathansmom
02-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Helene-
I'm so happy for your family. I hope you have the best weekend.

COElizabeth
02-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Terrific news!!! And I hope you get a copy of that newspaper for Bella's book!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

mamahill
02-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Oh Helene! This gave me goosebumps all over and got me all choked up. Big hugs to you and Bella and have loads of fun celebrating (at Chuck E. Cheese or putting your kitchen back together;) ). I'm so happy for you!!

lukkykatt
02-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah!!! What wonderful news.

Please know how much our family appreciates the sacrifices that your family and other military families make for us.

I hope he is home for a LOOOOOONNNNG time!

TaChapm2
02-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Helene! I am so happy that your family is going to be together again! Thanks to your husband for what he does and thanks to the wife who is there supporting him! I admire all military families and the sacrafices they make for our freedom! Have a fun weekend!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

ismommy
02-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Neve,

Now I feel silly that I was being shy. But I did post lots of details and definitly check out www.armytimes.com and vote for your favorite pix. Preferably one by my DH. But all the photogs that work there really have done so much to cover the war and if the company sees that the photos are getting lots of clicks it reflect well on the photo department.

amp
02-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Helene - That is terrific news! I am so happy to hear that you all will be reunited soon! I am sure you can barely contain yourself! And Bella is going to be ecstatic to see her Daddy. We'll understand when we don't hear from you all weekend/week! Enjoy! And thank your hubby for all his hard work keeping us informed (ETA: at least in pictures)!

molly
02-27-2004, 12:01 AM
wow, just checked out the website, so moving. magnificent photos -some are just heartwrenching! thanks for passing on the website, my retired navy pilot hubby will love to see this. happy homecoming to you!

NancyJ_redo
02-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Congrats Helene and Bella - that's wonderful news!! And it got me all choked up as well...I can't imagine what you and other military families go through, truly. Enjoy the homecoming :)

sweetbasil
02-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Helene,
Congratulations to you, Bella, and your DH...wishing you a wonderful reunion and many happy days for your reunited family!

Hugs,

AngelaS
02-27-2004, 10:15 AM
How wonderful! I'm so glad to hear he's coming home! Thank him for all of us, okay? I know I truly appreciate the sacrifices you all have made! :D

cinrein
02-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Congratulations Helene! Have a fantastic weekend and reunion! Sunday is supposed to be beautiful weather-wise, so that's just icing on the cake! Enjoy!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

sntm
02-27-2004, 10:39 AM
helene, i'm so excited for you and Bella! definitely pm me with the website.
ETA: and i know what you mean about watching the news like a hawk. DH was with the 101st and went into the reserves right after we got married. everytime i would hear something about the 101st, i would think "that could be him." if he was actually over there, i don't know how i could have stood it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

LD92599
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Helene:

What an exciting weekend you have coming up! We're all so proud of your husband for his contributions...you and bella have so much to be proud of.

Enjoy your homecoming!!!!

Laura
mom to William

heidi_timms
02-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad that he's finally coming home to be with you both and I'm so happy for you. That's a long time for him to be away and I know how hard it must have been for you both!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

khakismom
02-27-2004, 01:22 PM
I totally have goosebumps, really, hearing about your "story"!! I am so excited and thrilled that he is coming home to you and Bella! Have a wonderful reunion and enjoy your time together!! :)

celfsh
02-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Yay, Helene! That is super-duper exciting!!!!!!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

smomom
02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
well, I'm in the club. I got goosebumps too. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!

parkersmama
02-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Helene,
I am so happy for you and Bella! Have a wonderful "welcome home" celebration! Thanks for your sacrifice and that of your family. I hope your reunion is everything you've hoped for!

pritchettzoo
02-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Woohoo! That's fabulous news.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

doubleL
02-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Helene, Awesome news. I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

doubleL
02-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Helene, Awesome news. I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

deborah_r
02-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Great news - I'm so happy for you!

deborah_r
02-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Great news - I'm so happy for you!

wendmatt
02-28-2004, 01:40 AM
HOORAYYYYYYY. I'm so glad he's coming safely home to you and your dd. It's tough to be parted for so long, have a wonderful reunion.

wendmatt
02-28-2004, 01:40 AM
HOORAYYYYYYY. I'm so glad he's coming safely home to you and your dd. It's tough to be parted for so long, have a wonderful reunion.

toomanystrollers
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Helene,
I'm so happppppppppyyyyyyy!!! for you and Bella. I'm going to zap over that photo of Bella and Tess for you and Rob to enjoy :)

I hope he's going to be home for a long time.