PDA

View Full Version : Did your skin type change when you were pregnant?

CBB
02-27-2004, 04:05 PM
The post below on facial cream lead me to ask this question. I used to have really oily skin on my face. I mean reeeeally oily. When I woke up in the morning or by mid day, my face would be dripping oil. DH always would tell me that we could cook with the oil on my face. I used to break out often too no matter what kind of oil control lotion I use. I always thought that this would be an even bigger problem when I get pregnant. But on the contrary, my skin became dry when I got pregnant, almost too dry that I had to change to dry skin products. DH said that Jazzy Baby is sucking me dry. I'm wondering if you guys went through any skin changes when you were pregnant, and did it change back after the baby came out? I actually like my current skin state rather than the dripping oil type.

Thanks,

aliceinwonderland
02-27-2004, 04:12 PM
not that I notice, no...But I've heard it happen with other ladies.

eri and the bean, due in April :)

stillplayswithbarbies
02-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes. This time, my face broke out more while I was pregnant. I felt like a teenager again!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jerseygirl07067
02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
I broke out horribly for the first month (even on my back and chest which never happened before), then like magic it went away and I had glorious skin for the rest of my pregnancy!! :)

Mary

MartiesMom2B
02-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah I actually had great skin when I was pregnant. It no longer had dry patches. I think I had a few zits, but nothing big.

Just an FYI, I've been told that pregnant women should not use products w/ salicylic acid in it (many oil control products have this in it). Don't know why that is though.
Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

hobey
02-27-2004, 07:55 PM
I felt like I was going through puberty again with the number of break-outs I had during pregnancy. It's better now that I've had the baby.

Salicyclic acid is also another name for an aspirin derivative so that's why PG women are advised against using it. I used a glycolic acid based cleanser by MD Forte to control the oil.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

proggoddess
02-27-2004, 11:35 PM
My skin also used to be extremely oily and acne-prone. For the first 2 months of my pregnancy, it was much much worse! I thought with my luck, it would be that bad throughout the entire thing. But after the first trimester, my skin stopped being oily. And with winter, it actually got a bit dry and flaky. I still have trouble using lotions and pore-clogging products, but at least I don't have to blot twice a day.

Currently, I'm in my 9th month and my skin is clear. Even the old marks have had a chance to go away. I'm hoping this lasts through BF'ing, but lately I wake up in the morning and my nose is slightly shiny.... Still much better than it was before though!

proggoddess
02-27-2004, 11:35 PM
My skin also used to be extremely oily and acne-prone. For the first 2 months of my pregnancy, it was much much worse! I thought with my luck, it would be that bad throughout the entire thing. But after the first trimester, my skin stopped being oily. And with winter, it actually got a bit dry and flaky. I still have trouble using lotions and pore-clogging products, but at least I don't have to blot twice a day.

Currently, I'm in my 9th month and my skin is clear. Even the old marks have had a chance to go away. I'm hoping this lasts through BF'ing, but lately I wake up in the morning and my nose is slightly shiny.... Still much better than it was before though!

blnony
02-28-2004, 01:43 AM
My face broke out so bad for about the first trimester and went from being very dry to very oily for awhile. It did freak me out, because it was such a drastic change. It did change back but it didn't until a few months after I stopped breastfeeding. My hair on the other hand, kept falling out for a good 12 months after delivery. Your body just goes through such big changes, but a majority of them go back to normal, (I wish someone would tell my hips that though! :) )

blnony
02-28-2004, 01:43 AM
My face broke out so bad for about the first trimester and went from being very dry to very oily for awhile. It did freak me out, because it was such a drastic change. It did change back but it didn't until a few months after I stopped breastfeeding. My hair on the other hand, kept falling out for a good 12 months after delivery. Your body just goes through such big changes, but a majority of them go back to normal, (I wish someone would tell my hips that though! :) )

wendmatt
02-28-2004, 01:54 AM
My skin went from being fairly oily and a bit spotty to being wonderful during most of my pregnancy. Unfortunately it's back to being spotty! Not too oily but getting hormonal breakouts (still nursing though so I don't know if these hormones have a big effect).

wendmatt
02-28-2004, 01:54 AM
My skin went from being fairly oily and a bit spotty to being wonderful during most of my pregnancy. Unfortunately it's back to being spotty! Not too oily but getting hormonal breakouts (still nursing though so I don't know if these hormones have a big effect).