PDA

View Full Version : How do you put your hair up?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
02-27-2004, 05:14 PM
We have a wedding to go to this summer, and we'll be flying there. I have my outfit ready (scored a really good deal on this georgeous silk dress - normally $140, I got it for $36!, plus a necklace for $5!). Since we'll be in another city, I don't want to take a chance on trying out just any old salon. And I'm really bad about knowing how to do hairstyles. Most days, it's a ponytail for me.

My hair is mid-length, about to my shoulder blades, with long layers. Oh, and totally straight - doesn't hold a curl well when I use a curling iron. It's thick and slippery.

Anybody out there who can give me some quick tips on how to put my hair up easily?

On TV, the actresses always have their hair up in a messy bun, and it looks great! How do you get the messy look?

Hair-challenged,
Jennifer

MartiesMom2B
02-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Jennifer:

It sounds like we have the same type of hair, except I had mine cut off a couple years ago. I used to be able to pull my hair up in a french twist by doing a ponytail at the nape of the neck and twist the tail up and in. You can also do a messy bun by pulling strands out of the bun. I was about to throw away a Glamour magazine and it has different messy looks if you'd like me to rip the pages out and mail it to you. Just PM me with your address.

After everyone goes to sleep go and play with your hair and see what you can do.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JLiebCamm
02-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Try pulling your hair back in a simple pony tail at the middle of the back of your head. Then take a short but wide clip (the kind you squeeze) and put it underneath the ponytail, pushing it up and securing it to hair above the ponytail (all hidden by the ponytail hair). Your hair should push up and over in a way that hides the pony tail holder and cascades out. I don't know how to describe this any better but it's simple and looks great.