PDA

View Full Version : Another coxsackie question

Rachels
02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
For those whose babies have had it, did you notice a difference in their urine output? Abigail is drinking a LOT, but barely wetting her diapers. She is urinating, but definitely not as much or as often as usual, despite the fact that she's certainly not dehydrated. It's freaking me out a little.

She was up every 45 minutes last night. She does not feel well.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
02-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Bump. Anybody?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

papal
02-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Rachel.. so sorry that Abigail is not feeling well. I hope she gets better soon. And i hope somebody has the answer to your question. Sending peepee vibes your way.

toomanystrollers
02-28-2004, 09:49 PM
I never noticed any difference in their urine production - just grouchy, hot, and no appetite for 2-3 days.

daisymommy
02-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Joshua never had this--but I did :( I caught it while working in day care. It makes you feel like you have the flu, your whole body itches from the inside out (like hives), and it hurts alot to eat or swallow. Try lots of cold liquid foods (shakes, smoothies, ice cream, puddings, or broth). Have you given her Tylenol yet? And Benedryl is often recomended for the itching.
I didn't notice any decrease in the number of times I went to the bathroom though. FYI... steer Abby clear of any pregnant women if you haevn't already. Coxsackie can be detremental to an unborn child.
I hope she feels better soon!

Rachels
02-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Yep, that sounds like how she feels. We're taking her to the doctor tomorrow, but the Blue Cross nurse line and the ped's nurse both concurred with the Coxsackie answer. I've checked out the contagion thing and have kept her away from pregnant women, but her drippy nose has stopped and she has no fever, so apparently the contagious stage has passed. And the coxsackie risk during pregnancy is really just acute if it happens immediately before delivery, because a newborn with coxsackie is at higher risk for complications. I think we'd err on the side of caution there, but we don't know anyone who falls into that category at the moment. :)

I did dose her up with Motrin and Benadryl tonight, and Clay is at the drugstore right now picking up some anti-itch cream to put on her palms, which she's clawing at even in her sleep. She cried for three hours tonight! NOT like my kid at all to do that. I'm so exhausted that I'm nearly in tears, with no end in sight...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02