PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who has gone through a frozen IVF cycle...

TaChapm2
02-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Did you think it was harder on you than a fresh cycle? I don't know what it is this time around, but I just don't feel good and I'm only doing the lupron right now. It seemed so much easier the first time around, but then again I didn't have a little boy to chase around all day. I just feel tired and sore all over and totally stressed about everything. It will be worth it though. I just need to get my butt in gear!
On top of it all DS has had a mystery feaver (103-104) for a week now and all our ped can tell us is it is a viral infection. It is taking a toll on us all and to top that off we are in the process of building a house so we have had a million things to get finalized with that. Tell me things will get better. I'm just feeling bad about everything right now! (Humm...could be the hormones) This sounds like it belongs in the bitching forum. Did anyone else go through this?

ETA: Last night I just wanted to give DH the shot. It seems only fair that he should have to endure one from me since I have had to endure 100's from him. I don't think that is asking too much.;)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

nathansmom
02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm gearing up to do the frozen cycle. We should be starting it in the middle of this month so I don't have advice for you. I will tell you what the doctor at the clinic told me. She said that although this is very easy compared to a fresh one to expect to be very tired. Having a little one your chasing after makes this so much harder. I did talk to a friend who did the frozen after mcing her fresh one and she said it wasn't as hard as a fresh, but then she wasn't chasing an active one year old.
HTH. Please keep me updated as to how your doing. I think we will be starting the lupron around the 16th of this month. Good luck and happy defrosting and sticky thoughts going your way.

TaChapm2
02-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks! Good Luck to you as well! I was suprised to find out that it is actually going to be a lot more injections this time. I thought I was going to get off easy. It is worth it though!

Tara

nathansmom
03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
It will be worth it. I had to convince myself of that last time as I hated shots. I can pretty much handle any shot now. I wonder how similar our programs are?
We start birth control pills on the first day of AF this month. Then we do the lupron shots. When AF starts for the second time we do Estrace (a pill, no shot yea) and continue the lupron. Then we start the progesterone and stop lupron. And finally the transfer. I'm thinking the transfer for us will be around the last week of April or first week of May.

TaChapm2
03-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I started BCP on Feb. 6, Lupron on Feb. 23 and will start Estradiol shots on March 3. Last time I used the estragen patches and they were terrible. I had really bad reactions to them. Though I hate the IM injections, I would rather do that than the patch. I wish I could just to the pill though. I should stop the lupron and start the progesterone on March 19 with March 22-24 as the possible transfer date. (all depending on the blood work) The bad thing is that our RE is 7 hours away and we have to go and stay with my MIL & FIL for every appt. They totally disagree with us doing IVF. After the transfer we are getting a hotel for the 48 hrs of bedrest. I insisted on this and don't care who I hurt. I need to be relaxed and I can't with them around. I DON'T want to be at their house again after that. Funny how they disagree with our method of conception but they sure enjoy DS.

Tara

nathansmom
03-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I have an exfriend who is totally against the method of conception we had to use. Right now we have a restraining order against her.

I can see why you wouldn't want to stay with them if they make you feel uncomfortable. Good luck to you.