PDA

View Full Version : The bow is in - now it's out!

LucyG
02-29-2004, 10:55 PM
DD has begun to pull out her hair bows. She finally got enough hair to hold one, and now she loves to yank them out and chew on them. Argh! She's a year old. At what age did your little girls start to leave bows or barrettes in their hair? Am I fighting a losing battle? I'm using the bows attached to little metal clips that just slide in, because her hair is very fine. I just clip her bangs to the side a bit.

Kimberly H
03-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Lucy, Mia allows us to put clipees in her hair (the kind you bend to open and shut) but bows are an absolute no-no. I'm hoping this will end soon!

Rachels
03-01-2004, 08:45 AM
The clip ones work better for us, too-- the ones you find at baby boutiques are usually better. It's just a persistence game. You put them in seven thousand times, she takes them out seven thousand times, you put them in again, and SURPRISE!-- she forgets to take them out. Abigail is now pretty reliable about leaving them in, but I went through a month or two where I just wanted to shave her head. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

caleymama
03-01-2004, 09:48 AM
There was a brief period at about 13 months when DD would allow small elastics or clips in her hair. One day she decided enough was enough and has not tolerated them since. I try once a week or so just to see what will happen and she always removes it immediately (often with a violent yank) over and over again. So, for the time being we've given up on any kind of hair accessory. I did finally get her hair cut so that the front didn't need to be pulled back. It's better now, although I wish she'd let me clip it back once in a while.

LucyG
03-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes, I got mine at a baby store. They aren't cheap, but are SO cute! I'm going to keep trying, because I just love the way she looks with a little bow in her hair. Whenever she sees the bows by her changing table now, she pats her head. So, I know she is getting the idea of what they are and where they go!

If she takes one out at home, I tend to just clip it to my clothes or, sometimes, my own hair, to keep up with it. I was glad I glanced in the mirror the other day before going out, as I had a lovely little pink bow holding back my own bangs! Now, wouldn't that have been cute at the grocery store???

LucyG
03-01-2004, 10:48 AM
I hope it ends soon, too! It will be years before she has enough hair for ponytails, so I am having fun with the bows (when I can sneak them in)!