PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo!!!

jmofarrill
03-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Yay! Clean sweep for LOTR at the Oscars!

August Mom
03-01-2004, 01:34 AM
You sound like DH! :)

Imperia
03-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Am I the only person on planet earth who didn't like ROTK? I felt TT was a much stronger film, it sort of looked as if everyone was exhaused and overworked by the time they got around to ROTK. ROTK didn't garner a single acting nomination. I was hoping Sofia Coppola would win for her beautifully directed and subtly witty "Lost in Translation". Bill Murray looked simply crushed he didn't win as well. My husband was cheering though, everytime LOTRs racked up another oscar. He was gloating because when he dragged me to see it (I was nearing 8 months pregnant when it came out) I complained. I complaiend fiercely about the ending which I felt was too long and drawn out (as well as a portion which was so obviously based on teh end of "The Wizard of OZ!) and the "win one for the Gipper" attitude just bothered me. Saccharine. This is just my opinion though, and I hope it doesn't upset or offend anyone, art is always subjective, and people have different tastes.

I shouldn't even watch the Oscars anymore, my favourite films usually don't even get nominated: ie "Ghost World" (2000) "The Station Agent" (2003) I could give a huge list, but do not wish to bore anyone *sigh*

Imperia

JenCA
03-01-2004, 02:43 AM
I was thrilled about this! I adored ROTK. :)

TaChapm2
03-01-2004, 10:59 AM
I am beginning to feel like I am the only one who does not like the LOTR. I have just never been into any of these movies. I do have to say that even though I didn't like the film and didn't want it to win, it was pretty impressive for it to make a clean sweep.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

mharling
03-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Tara -
You're not the only one. I don't mind them and saw the first 2 with dh, but not the 3rd. Yes, it was impressive that it won so many, but at the same time, I would have loved to see Lost in Translation win best movie. I got tired of hearing ..and the winner is LOTR.....

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

Jenmv
03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm a huge LOTR fan and even I began to feel bad for all of the other movies that were up against them. On the other hand this is an acedemy first for lovers of the fantasy genre so WOOHOO!